Oil on plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brownkobe8

ok i took my car for a tune up get tires rotated, brake inspection, replaced spark plugs, oil change, plugs change now the guy who did the tune up was cheap so i was ok until they showed that my plugs had oil on them they wanted to charge me 139 to fix and replace the gaskets so i went to autozone to get the spark plug tube seals and grommets.
im broke like crazy i wasted just bout everything for my hb that i fixed and sold cuz my student loan i have to wait till next payday to get the helms book.
Now my question is if im just replacing the tube seals and grommets all i really need to do is remove the head cover in the sequence needed to be, and replace the plugs?
I dont need to set the whole car in TDC and remove the camshaft right?

hell no dude! no tdc needed cause ur not gonna touch the cam gear or timing belt or anything! basically just for bolts and couple vacuum. wen u get it off just flip it around and its right there...

1) undo all hoses going into your valve cover and lable ( if you have a digi snap a quick photo
2) enbolt valve cover
3) flip cover up side down and you will see the old seals
4) remove old seal and wash with brake clean and dry
5) insert new seals
6) Before putting cover back on take the time to clean around the plugs and the seating surface for the valve cover
7) reinstsall the valve cover but do not over tighten the bolts
* redo all vacum and your done

Back