oil pan/ & a/c belt & rear disc conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

psi

Now I apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum. I have a B16A in my 1989 Hatch DX.

Okay, my drain plug is now leaking after so many oil changes. I am looking for a compatible oil pan for this engine. It is a JDM b16a! not a A2/3 engine. Now the plug still drips even after getting the drain plug tight. I have had it threaded once and I don't think threading it again is a good solution. What other oil pans out there are compatible with this engine? Also, my A/C belt snapped and I want to know which A/C belt from which model would fit in this car.

I believe I am 80% I should be looking for parts from a b16a2/a3 engine in regards to the oil pan and A/C belt.

Now I do want to convert my rear drums to disc. What donor parts should I be pulling from to make this work. I believe I heard somewhere in the grapevine that I should be looking at the 90-93 Integras but I am not sure if that information I got is correct or not. Oh and details on what parts exactly other than just the rotors is what I need. I plan on buying Power Slot slotted rotors for front and rear. So, I just need to know the parts other than the rotors for the rear drum conversion. Thanks for the help guys.

The crush washer is very important, I found that sometimes different size's of them will also solve the problem. Never reuse the washer....Hit the junk yards up for the teg system, for the rear you don't need Brembo blanks, the rear does not have that much braking power needed. The biggest difference between the drum and disk is that the disk is linear in feel and stops locking up compared to the fronts. I'm running Hawk HPS pads and I do love them. I also installed big front brakes from fastbrakes.com Don't forget the brake bias from the teg. You can install the teg MC which is larger, but I like the stock si MC with steel braided brake lines. You have more pedal travel but I find it easier to modulate.

Thanks for the help. From what I can see, it is dripping from where the plug is itself. It isn't dripping from anywhere else on the engine.

And thanks for the info on what to get for the rear brake swap.

Back