oil pressure light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thegreat1310

i have a 94 eg and the oil light keeps flickering,has any body ever had this problem and could it be a bad sensor?i hope its not the oil pump.o the motor is a d16z6

you could have extremly low oil check it and fix also keep an eye on the oil level my z6 did that when it had like a quart in it

the oil would slosh around and turn the light on then i found out it was burning oil bad

no the car has plenty of oil i watch that shit like every 2 days but im not driving it till i figger out if its a bad sensor im gonna get a oil pressure gauge

how do i know if the sensor is bad?tommorow im gonna hook up a oil pressure gauge 2 see what up with the pressure,but i think the oil pickup might be clogged,cuz there was a liitle but of sludge in the head,so i put 1 quart of trans fluid to clean the inside of the engine so mabey it cloged it when i did that.

<_< ive heard stories of people putting tranny fluid or deisel in engines to flush out all the sludge, those crazy rednecks :p

if so, pull off the oil pan get a new gasket and pound out the dent and it should be fine.

ive herd of the diesel thing you drain oil take plugs out put in 4-5qt diesel and spin the motor over with starter quite a few complete times. drain diesel put oil and new filter in and you are good to go. dont know that i would do this but seams ok to me i guess.

trans fluid is a oil with very high detergent and it will work to clean motor i would only run like 15 % or so for like a 1000 miles it wont hold up to the heat very well and also causes the oil to break down faster and i would keep the revs down while doing this. i have done this in my 87 jeep about 3 times now and havent had a prob but i did this after ingesting water and wanted to flush the sludge/foamy oil out.

Back