Oil pressure?'s Please help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

916em1

To help explain my problem I uploaded a video to YouTube because it wouldn't let me upload here.
B16A oil pressure - YouTube
The oil pressure climbs then drops exactly at 3k and stay at 60psi sometimes 65 or 70. I'm using a mechanical oil pressure gauge. The whole time I'm accelerating. Doesn't make a difference if I'm full throttle or barely accelerating. In the video I was light on the throttle. Motor is a JDM B16A first gen.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust a sunpro gauge as my sole reason to suspect a problem.

Where did you tap the feed?

Where the original oil light switch was. Two of my buddies are using the same gauge and havent had a problem. Also when I had the b18c in the car the problem wasn't there. Kind of why I'm thinking it's the engine.

Last edited:
Just chiming in here, but when was the last time you did an oil change? Look into where the b16 has the oil filter bypass valve (if they have one) some have it designed inside the filter, others inside the engine somewhere. Not sure what else it could be... Maybe something in the vtec side of things???

Back