Oil Residue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Del Slw

i have a decent amount of oily residue build up on the inlet to my turbo. is this a sign of failing seals? it also looks that there might be a little bit of leakage between the exhaust and intake side of the turbo.

it is a t3t4 Turbonetics. it's supposed to only have about 5k miles on it. it has been on my car for 2 days. should i buy a rebuild kit for it? if so, what kind and where. i see plenty of them on ebay...

-Robbie

i have a -4 feed.

and the return line is... ½" maybe. i'm not sure off the top of my head. i will put some pics up later tonight.

how would the feed or return line make it leak oil, or whatever it is doing?

here are the pics, i apologize for the resolution, i didn't have time to downsize them
turbo%20inlet.jpg

turbo%20housing.jpg

if the seals are blown, shouldn't there be oil in the IC piping coming from the turbo? i haven't checked this yet....

depends... its hard to say really

but a -4 is too big.

-3 is what you want.

i'd look into getting a restrictor at the least, and making the move to a -3 as a bes t possible solution. feeding the turbo too much pressure causes this- and hondas run pretty high oil pressure.

so i'd say, take it off, clean it up, install the -3, and see if you still have a problem

also, your return to the pan-
its only gravity that takes it in- make sure its due down, and enters the pan above the oil fill level. -10 is a good return line size. anythign smaller, and you're asking for "back up"

Back