1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Residue

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Del Slw, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Del Slw

Del Slw Member

i have a decent amount of oily residue build up on the inlet to my turbo. is this a sign of failing seals? it also looks that there might be a little bit of leakage between the exhaust and intake side of the turbo.

it is a t3t4 Turbonetics. it's supposed to only have about 5k miles on it. it has been on my car for 2 days. should i buy a rebuild kit for it? if so, what kind and where. i see plenty of them on ebay...

-Robbie

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

could be-

what size feed/return lines are you running?

3. Del Slw

Del Slw Member

i have a -4 feed.

and the return line is... ½" maybe. i'm not sure off the top of my head. i will put some pics up later tonight.

how would the feed or return line make it leak oil, or whatever it is doing?

4. Del Slw

Del Slw Member

here are the pics, i apologize for the resolution, i didn't have time to downsize them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Del Slw

Del Slw Member

if the seals are blown, shouldn't there be oil in the IC piping coming from the turbo? i haven't checked this yet....

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

depends... its hard to say really

but a -4 is too big.

-3 is what you want.

i'd look into getting a restrictor at the least, and making the move to a -3 as a bes t possible solution. feeding the turbo too much pressure causes this- and hondas run pretty high oil pressure.

so i'd say, take it off, clean it up, install the -3, and see if you still have a problem

also, your return to the pan-
    its only gravity that takes it in- make sure its due down, and enters the pan above the oil fill level. -10 is a good return line size. anythign smaller, and you're asking for "back up"

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted