1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil return line

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by turboef87, Jul 28, 2010.

1. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

turbo is throwin oil on the exhaust side could be seals or my return what do u think of the return setup im gonna change it so itzz on a 45 alll the way 2 the pan but i think thiz iz the reason my crossmember waz in the way so i went down and under then it goes on an upward angle to the fitting on the pan so i think its gettting backed up forcing the oil threw the seal

Attached Files:

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

That return line is horrible.

It is straight gravity after the turbo (next to no pressure). You effectively added an upshill path for it.

Get some real fittings like attached and make it straight in to the pan. no loops.

Attached Files:

3. newb

newb phresh VIP

Whats the shit all over the waste gate? Hows it gettin there?

If Im not mistaken, the gate is top mounted and the turbo is hangin. Right?

4. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

my first time installing turbo lol thanks for your opinion on it.. but yea i figured it waznt workin rite because it is gravity that makes it work but that dam crossmember in the older civics is in the way im gonna do some trimming to make it work.... thats oil on the wastegate from the turbo spittting oil on the exhaust side im guessing my seals are bad or my return is gettting clogged from the way i have it ran im gonna fix it so it comes down to the pan then hopefully it stops spitting oil

5. Briansol

you probably blew the seals from having improper flow in the return line.

if it has no where to go, it spits out the seals.

6. 95EGCoupeVtec

95EGCoupeVtec SOHC VTEC at its best

why don't you just clock the turbo so that the drain fitting is at a 45* angle pointing toward the pan and it seems like it would miss the crossmember. and like B said, your seals are probably shot bro. hate to tell ya that.

7. Briansol

You don't want to clock the oil fitting of the turbo very much. it should be straight up and down within a few degrees.

8. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

yea defff should b str8t up and down but that suckss i did that im pissed now illl have 2 seee how it is when i fix the return.. it only comes threw the exhaust tho compressor side is fine.. could thiz b the cause of no booost i get like 3 or 4 psi the most ???

9. Briansol

its probably full of oil. lol you might need to clean out your entire charcge pipe system, intercooler, etc.

it's like BP!

10. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

na no oil comes out the compressor side its weird my car doesnt even smoke like crazy i thought when u blew ur seals u got mad smoke but its not smoking i kno its spittin oil on the exhaust side cause it comes threw the wastegate and the header gasket i seen it on my hood today but since you seem to kno wat your talkin about i have a t3/t4 turbo on a b16a i have a 82 ar hotside with 50 trim compressor housing u think my motor to small to spool it up period i disconnected the hose to the wastegate to see how much it would build up but only 3 to 4 psi i brought it up 2 like 7000 rpm feeels slow as shit heres a pic of the intercooler and piping... turbo to intercooler is 2.25 intercooler to throttle body is 2.5... illl appreciate ur opinion

Attached Files:

11. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

and i forgot to mention its stock just gsr cams 2.5 inch exhaust from turbo back no resonator or cat to stock muffler

12. newb

newb phresh VIP

If Im readin that right, youve got bigger problems then a clogged up drain line. You say the oil is comin outa the manifold gasket and waste gate. They are up stream from the turbo. That means the oil would hafta go against the exhaust flow, then force its way out of those spots. Ive never seen that happen, that I can recall.

Thats why I asked about the waste gate in the first place.

13. turboef87

turboef87 New Member

i took it all out gettin a new block and headgasket

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted