oil squirters on an LS block...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but...:moon:

Can it be done? Is there machining involved or are they bolt up? I would really like to put oil squirters on my LS block, but I don't want to tear it apart to find that they won't fit. Thanx for all your help. :worthy:

short answer ... No.

there is no passageway to feed the oil squirters in an LS block.

are you running an lsvtec?

Is there a way I could run an external oil line, like the oil line on the back of the block on an LSvtec? :huh:

no.. lol the passage isn't there.

its like trying to go through a wall instead of down the hallway of your house.
so unless you feel like knocking down that wall in yout block (which you shouldn't), its not going to happen.

if you want them so bad, just get a gsr bottom end.

A machine shop should be able to do it, but i wouldn't worry about it if i was u. I have a ls/vtec turbo have no problem with oil cooling :D

Really, cuzz I've heard that cooling is the main problem with LsVtec's. Do you have other stuff to cool the engine? ...Fluidine radiator, oil cooler, etc...

Thanx for your help.

No oil passage? Every b series motor ive looked at has the exact same main oil passage running the entire length of the block. It is part of the block, and has two copper caps at each end. It is located just below the water passage b/n the water pump and thermostat housing. This is the oil passage you will have to tap to install the oil squirters. Any competent machine shop will be able to tap into that main passage, provided that you have b16a oil squirters. I know the b16a oil squirters work, although I am not sure if there is any difference b/n the b16a and b18c squirters. The oil passage DOES exist, it just needs to be tapped for the squirters to be installed. Also, you need to have a vtec oil pump to account for the oil pressure lost from the squirters. :boxing:

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Nov 30 2003, 01:18 PM
although I am not sure if there is any difference b/n the b16a and b18c squirters.

yes, they are different, very slightly. i do know that if you put b16 squirters in a b18c, the crank hits the squirters

You want to use a gsr or b20 oil pump. It should only cost u about 200 for the oil squirters to be install :D

Back