Oil to & from the turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

What have you guys used?

What all do I need to get the oil to the turbo from the oil pan..

it doesnt come from the oil pan. it comes from the back of the block, to the turbo, from the turbo back into the oil pan. i believe golden eagle sells a nice sandwhich adapter for turbo/vtec conversions.

you can also tap the block, dont know exactly where but that is another way. But if you dont think you can do that then just buy the adapter.

I am getting a t3 set up in my car, where can I buy the oil lines that will work, I say a site that said Summit Racing had them but I can't find them on the web site. I don't want to spent a ton of money on just the oil lines, so where is the best place. Do you need a steel braid line for the return too? Thanks

Darin

hey b what you showed me..

All i need is the GEM plate

Turbo Oil Feed/Supply line kit

Turbo Oil Return/Drain line kit

then am I good on the oil transactions? ;)

yup- pretty much. you may need a blocker fitting form GEM, cuz there are 2 ports on the sandwhich plate (i have 1 for my feed, and the other for my oil press. gauge)

then, talk to stan- you don't need half the fittings for the feed kit, as it comes with all the block taps and such.... just the -3an line, with the turbo fitting

and depending on your pan (assuming stock, you are going to want that flange he sells at the bottom of the page), just trim to suit :)

strpr_vtec.jpg

you see one port there.
on the other side of the logo, there is another.

so, if you aren't running a guage, or need some other source for oil, then you need to block off the extra port with a terminator fitting

Alright, sweet.

I could go for an oil press. gauge :) thanks man

give 'em a call, and order the right one.

chances are, you're going to want a dual -3an feed setup.

as shown, thats a big port for a vtec conversion line.

i got 1 big and 1 small on mine, and am running an adapter fitting on the large port to go back to -3

How much did you pay for yours? Just wanted to see if 99.00 was what you paid.

Have you seen their vacuum manifold that looks pretty sweet.

i paid like 80 something, but i didn't get it with fittings....

and i'm also running the vac mani.

DSC00577.JPG

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 3 2004, 09:02 AM
i paid like 80 something, but i didn't get it with fittings....

DSC00577.JPG

Hey, B, Where'd you get the barb fittings for the vacuum maniifold? I've got one coming in in a week or so.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 10 2004, 06:36 AM

Hey, just out of curiousity, with that Vac Manifold... Do you have to tap/drill the holes yourself? If so, how do you do that (newb question)? Also, where does that huge fitting on the right side of the Vac. Manifold connect to?

Ooh, and another question:

I just recently found out that I will only want a certain flow amount of oil going to my Turbo and will thus need a restrictor to limit the amount going into the Turbo Oil Inlet.

My Question is, with the Golden Eagle Turbo Oil Feed plate thingy I will have one port going to feed the turbo, and the other port will be for an oil pressure guage... but, will the oil pressure guage be reading the oil pressure for the whole engine or will it be reading oil pressure for just the turbo...

I am guessing it will be reading for the whole engine, but just wanted to check...

the wholes are pre-tapped, and you simply drill out a little blocker plate for the ports you wish to use.

the large fitting on the right ges to the brake booster, or another good vacuum source off the intake mani.

As for your oil question, with a properly sized feed line, you will not have an issue or need for limiting how much goes to the turbo.

the oil pressure gauge will be reading the pressure of the system. it has nothign to do with the turbo.

hey pissedoffsol, I am interested in the gem plate, however i couldn't get the link you posted to work. who do I need to get a hold of to purchase this. thanks

Back