oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

laziejimmy

just wondering what would be the best motoroil and filter for a stock 95 civic hatch vx?

thanks!

Any filter for a Civic VX and any oil that is 5w30 or 10w30

Anyone willing to spend 25 bucks an oil change for a stokc VX motor should be shot
thats IF you do it yourself with labor Im guessing it would cost $35-40 if not more

Change it every 3000 miles and you will be good to go

I run Mobil 1 5w30 in my 350Z

I ran 15w50 full synth oil in my old Turbo civic and I would change it every 2500 miles
unless you're pushing high horse power on a built motor I see no reason to spend the extra money

then again if you like putting 93 fuel in your stock VX maybe you wouldnt mind buying synth oil =)

LOL

^^^^What he said.

Change your oil more often, and save the cash. OEM is fine. FRAM is crap, but it's still fine for most purposes.

Originally posted by tab@Jul 26 2004, 11:43 PM
LOL

^^^^What he said.

Change your oil more often, and save the cash. OEM is fine. FRAM is crap, but it's still fine for most purposes.
[post=368531]Quoted post[/post]​

Too bad FRAM makes a good bit of hondas filters

not ALL of them but a good bit of them.

=(

Originally posted by DTEC@Jul 28 2004, 08:03 AM
are the s2000 filters definitely superior to other honda filters?
[post=369207]Quoted post[/post]​

they are slightly bigger, and are basicly a rebadged HAMP filter. They are JDM yo! lol

for a stock VX, it is not going to make shit difference what oil you use, or what filter you use, if you upgrade motors then think about what oil is best. Mobil1 and swepco come to mind when i think about good oil. And OEM, and wicks are two good filters. Let me put it this way, I put a fram or penzoil filter on my D15 as I with penzoil 10w40 as i do not give a shit about that motor and i plan on swapping it. However the motor has 116,000 miles on it and run perfectly as I change my oil every 3000 miles.

Back