Ok boys heres my problem!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrokeDown63

Girls>Boys
:confused: Ok boys, heres the problem. I have a 1995 Civic CX Hatchback with a D15B8 motor that is bad. The shop said that the #2 cylinder does not compress. I have been talking to several shops and now i'm confused as to what i can do. Do i rebuild the engine? Get another one. If i get another engine what can i drop in there without having to change anything? Right now i want to just get this car on the road. I have heard that it is hard to find a D15B8 engine so what are my options? I can be reached at: shelbyscivic@gmail.com Thanks boys!

you can basically drop any single cam in there.. but if its a vtec motor you'll need to wire a few things.. it'd be cheaper than fixing the one you have

oh and d15b8 are a dime a dozen.. nobody wants that motor.. its weak as all hell

Its a SOHC
you can basically drop any single cam in there.. but if its a vtec motor you'll need to wire a few things.. it'd be cheaper than fixing the one you have

oh and d15b8 are a dime a dozen.. nobody wants that motor.. its weak as all hell

except that the cx didnt have vtec. :shrug2: And it only has 8 valves.

Where ya from, chick?

*edit*

Cali.. Thats what we need is another cali gir here. /sigh.

California really is full of women, whisky and gold.

Shouldn't be a problem finding a new motor to swap in there, if you are looking for greater displacement.

What are you talking about? She just wants to replace her blown stock motor, she isn't doing this for a performance upgrade...

Anyways, yes, just find another D15B8, they shouldn't be hard to find at all...those are the motors that everyone's swapping out.

If you want a slight upgrade then look towards a D16Z6, single cam VTEC.

except that the cx didnt have vtec. :shrug2: And it only has 8 valves.

Where ya from, chick?

*edit*

Cali.. Thats what we need is another cali gir here. /sigh.

California really is full of women, whisky and gold.

The problem is....what?
lol. Car girls = ::thumbs up:: in my book

+1
Hmotorsonline.com is where I got my motors for my Rex and where my bro is gonna get his engine for his Integra monster.

Back