ok i need a lot of help on an lsvtec turbo swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok here is the deal! my buddy and I are working on a 99 civic ex. I only have two swaps under my belt. but I have never done a swap and a turbo at once, matter of fact I have never done a turbo in my life..lol. but I know one thing the motor came with the turbo on it and my boy spent 4400 on the swap, and the turbo is on the manifold backwards! now how you ask? the turbo intake is facing the tranny and the exhaust is facing where the power steering pump goes. now am I wrong or is that backwards? another problem I am having is in the swap he was give "dsm" 440 injectors. I tried putting them in the aem fuel rail and it is not fitting. we also tried putting them in the intake but they are not going in. what do I need to do so they seat right on the intake? the stock injectors go right in with no problem if you can help me would with there then i think we can get the swap done once we get the tranny back from the shop

Quoted post[/post]]
ok here is the deal! my buddy and I are working on a 99 civic ex. I only have two swaps under my belt. but I have never done a swap and a turbo at once, matter of fact I have never done a turbo in my life..lol. but I know one thing the motor came with the turbo on it and my boy spent 4400 on the swap, and the turbo is on the manifold backwards! now how you ask? the turbo intake is facing the tranny and the exhaust is facing where the power steering pump goes. now am I wrong or is that backwards? another problem I am having is in the swap he was give "dsm" 440 injectors. I tried putting them in the aem fuel rail and it is not fitting. we also tried putting them in the intake but they are not going in. what do I need to do so they seat right on the intake? the stock injectors go right in with no problem if you can help me would with there then i think we can get the swap done once we get the tranny back from the shop
The turbo might sit that way. My turbo in my teg. sits like that. As far as the injectors you might have to get the propper seals for them to seat , or possibly they are just not the wright injectors.

Back