ok.. so i need some help..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

'im gettin that fo sho!'
im swappin a jdm gsr into my 97 del sol(virgin swapper lol), well ive got it bolted in and everything, but i broke my evap canister, do i need it? is there anyway around it? i cant find anything about where some of these hoses go, it seems like there are like five extra hoses, is there any resource for this? my hanes manual doesnt help me at all, and is there a company that makes wiring extensions? since the wire plugs are on the opposite side

What year is the motor, what trim is the DelSol, Haynes manuals suck, get a Helms for your car, and the car your motor came in. With proper manuals, you should be able to make your Delsol harness work, or just get a harness from a junkyard and a soldering gun and go to town.

98 b18c, del sol SI, where can i get a helms at? i have an extra harness i just wanted to ask before i went cutting wires lol i just got new bolts for my linkage so im gonna put my axles back in, but i will post a pic of the vaccum line that im clueless to where its supposed to run to

98 b18c, del sol SI, where can i get a helms at? i have an extra harness i just wanted to ask before i went cutting wires lol i just got new bolts for my linkage so im gonna put my axles back in, but i will post a pic of the vaccum line that im clueless to where its supposed to run to

OBD2 Engine into and OBD1 car. You're gonna have to convert the harness. There are conversion kits out there, this is probably your best option. Or try pulling an OBD2 harness off a junkyard car. Other option would be to convert the engine to OBD1. Not sure what this intales but I know there's extra sensors on OBD2 and the injectors have a different plug.

no, my car is obd2 as well as the motor, read up on stuff before trying to give advice

Oh, my bad, sorry.:doh: You should still get the engine harness for LHD car. It'll make it a lot easier then splicing a lot of wires to make them long enough to reach across. Other than that, it should plug right in. You got the ECU for the motor, right?

lol i just had to take my first chance to correct someone about something on HS lol, but i have a harness and i spliced on side already but the other side has been modified or something, its got a bunch of wires all connected with a exposed silver wire, is this factory or something? and it isnt easy to get a hold of stuff for hondas around here

oh and what do i do about my throttle cable? will a regular gsr cable work?

the vacuum line that i cant tell where it goes

Attachments

• 0ea73350789a.jpg
    0ea73350789a.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 57f448f616f3.jpg
    57f448f616f3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
oh and what do i do about my throttle cable? will a regular gsr cable work?

I want to say yes, that is the cable you need, but I am not 100% sure.

Helm Incorporated: Product Search Engine

On the search put the year of the vehicle, and model, then select "All Types" in Document type, you're looking for the Shop manual.

Last edited:
and i need two of these books? one for my car and one for the motor? or do u think i could get by with just getting one for the motor? sixty is pretty steep for a manual lol

If you have to get one, than get the one for the car your motor came in I would suggest the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual for your Delsol too though if you don't get the full service manual, the Haynes is fine for brakes, body, etc...but if you run into detailed electrical, and wiring issues from the swap, it's a good thing to have. And believe me when I say that a service manual for your car is the best upgrade you can possibly buy.

ok, ill prolly get both then, but i pretty much have everything done with my car, i just need to put my new evap canister in, get an exhaust, throttle cable and im done, other than that hose that noone has given me an answer to

Back