Ok, so my new Colorado went 16.1 at the track...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slo86GT

Super Moderator
It was hot, humid, and generally a crappy night for the track. BUT it was midnight madness. A special Friday night that our track opened it's doors at 10pm at night, and we got to run our cars with timers and full track staff until 2am.

Everyone I talked to said that their times were at least .5 seconds off their average runs, so I'm hoping it has a mid 15 in it. That'll bring me right up there with a stock GSR, which is respectable.

Anyway, here's some pics and a dyno graph for anyone interested:

Video's, 2 front, 1 rear, each about 5-6 meg or so. Sorry the quality is low, it's off my camera. The sound came out pretty well, though. But it's a lot of wheel noise from the rollers. :?

Front #1 Front #2 Rear

IM000410.JPG

IM000411.JPG

IM000412.JPG

Dynosheets: (sorry for the sideways one, I don't have a good program to twist it around without freakingout the picture's image quality. Winders 98 suxorz.

radodyno082104s.jpg

radodyno0821042s.jpg

IM000411.JPG

a K&N filter would have got you in the 14s fosho

Speaking of hitting the track I've yet to even think about running my 350 Hmmmm maybe I should do that =)

Those are some pretty good numbers for stock. I want to get the Silverado dynoed, and if CT didn't suck so much I would like to bring it to the track just to see what it can do in the 1/4 mile.
Does the Colorado have the torque management system? I fucking hate it on the Silverado.

Not bad at all. That's pretty quick if you ask me. Is it completely bone stock?

Originally posted by Jeef+Sep 5 2004, 10:47 AM-->
Those are some pretty good numbers for stock. I want to get the Silverado dynoed, and if CT didn't suck so much I would like to bring it to the track just to see what it can do in the 1/4 mile.
Does the Colorado have the torque management system? I fucking hate it on the Silverado.
[post=386335]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, it's got the torque management. Feel like 1/2 throttle all the way through first gear. Feels like SHIT comingout ofthe hole because of it. I can't WAIT for a Hypertech or LSEdit or something that works on my ECU. There's 14's in that truck with just a tuneup and removal of torquemanagement, I'm sure of it.

Slammed89Integra
@Sep 5 2004, 11:37 AM
Not bad at all. That's pretty quick if you ask me. Is it completely bone stock?
[post=386342]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, it's 100% bone stock. Had 3100 miles on it and it was on 87 octane on that dyno run and at the track.

I THINK the ECU might be dumping fuel (as seen in the dyno) and pulling some timing because it's picking up knock. 10:1 compression and 87 octane(recommended by GM) seems to be the culprit.

Now all you need is a turbo kit from that same company that the 10 second Silverado guy used. :)

Actually, I'm building my own once a management unit comes out for this generation of ECU. SC61 and a nice strong log manifold. Oh yes, it will haul ass. :)

Thats damn good for stock if you ask me. My car only runs a 16.0 with I/H/E. Put an intake on it and you will smoke me all day long. :thumbsup:

Back