Ok... so what else should I need?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

werd. I'm avoiding all toll roads, it added about an hour to the trip, but oh well.

My car has never liked less than 1/4 tank so I very rarely let it dip below that.

I'm getting much better mileage now that the O2 is working. I don't think my old one ever worked that well.

150 miles to a half tank, now I have 210 at a half tank.

I thought you were flying? Oh, damn. The Si going that far??? It will make it. If I can drive a swapped old beater to Las Vegas, hydrolock the motor, still make it home and even go to Arizona on the way back... I think you'll make it.

ive done a LOT of long distance road trips

i generally bring:
US atlas
a bottle of water
some snack type food to munch on (beef jerkey, starbursts, etc)
basic tool set
air pump
tire plug set
tire pressure gauge (check tire pressure before leaving)
zip ties
electrical tape
duct tape
spare headlight bulb
3-D cell maglight (check batteries before leaving)
car charger for cell phone
jumper cables
depending on length ot trip - extra windsheild washer fluid (top it off before you leave)
something for headaches (advil, tylenol, aleve, excedrine, etc)

other things to check:
double check that your jack and lug wrench are in the car
double check that your spare is up to pressure
double check that you have the lock for your lugnuts (if you have one)

also make sure you have CDs or something to listen to with you (there are a LOT of areas of the country that dont have shit for radio stations)

ive done a LOT of long distance road trips

i generally bring:
US atlas - Check
a bottle of water - Got plenty of those, and Dr Pepper
some snack type food to munch on (beef jerkey, starbursts, etc) - i'll get some of that on my way.
basic tool set - Check
air pump - Check
tire plug set - Check
tire pressure gauge (check tire pressure before leaving) - Check (they're brand new tires just installed tho)
zip ties
electrical tape
duct tape - might not be a bad idea
spare headlight bulb - hmmm...
3-D cell maglight (check batteries before leaving) - I do need to get some batts.
car charger for cell phone - don't have one, mine will last 3-4 days off the charger
jumper cables - i wonder where mine went...
depending on length ot trip - extra windsheild washer fluid (top it off before you leave) - it's topped off.
something for headaches (advil, tylenol, aleve, excedrine, etc) - I get migraines daily, so Check.

other things to check:
double check that your jack and lug wrench are in the car - in the back seat right now.
double check that your spare is up to pressure - check.
double check that you have the lock for your lugnuts (if you have one) - N/A

also make sure you have CDs or something to listen to with you (there are a LOT of areas of the country that dont have shit for radio stations) - 6 cd changer, plus one in the receiver and a case of 50 cds - Check.

My laptop is going with me as well. :thumbsup: WiFi FTW

looks like your pretty much good to go :thumbsup:

Just remember the cash for gas and shit. Even if you plan on paying with a credit card for gas and stuff just have a backup.

Oh yeah. I do. 130 for backup... Would be more if I hadn't just spent an assload on the Civic two weeks ago.

I just packed... i haven't done this since boyscouts camp. haha

one bag of clothes, one bag of misc stuff (cigs, camera, checkbook, etc) Then my computer bag, a case of pop, plastic bag with a few waters... geebus...

Bring a bottle to pee in.

Also. Bring rubbers. I mean a fucking walmart case of them. Make sure you aren't acting a fool, and you rap your tool.

Why am I going to need to wrap my tool again? heh... I'm not a man-slut.

blow up doll.

not only does it serve a purpose for lonely truck stops, but strapped into the passenger seat, you can ride in the HOV lane :)

Back