Ok someone help me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Trinity

I go back like Aqua Net.
Ok my question is this: Kery says he is going to raise the minimum raise and my friend said that if he does that then the taxes will get raised as well cause that is where our wages come from. I don't think this makes any sense at all so with that in mind..... Where do our wages come from?

This is not to be turned into some political debate its a simple question that i want answered without EITHER party jumping in to say anything dumb

wages come from and are paid by your employer

taxes would only increase if the employees worked for the gov't, but most gov't employees make more than minimun wage as is, so there would be no need to increase taxes to cover this increase in min. wage

more tax would be collected overall because people would be making more money...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 1 2004, 09:27 AM
more tax would be collected overall because people would be making more money...
[post=410052]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly. You might move slightly up into a different tax bracket from the increase, but you're not losing any more money. If you were making $20k a year and you start making $25k, you don't get taxed any more on that first $20k- it stays the same. You do get taxed on the extra $5k, but you don't get hit again on the $20k just because you're making more overall. If you look at the tax tables in the 1040 booklet, you'll understand. We're taxed on our income by large increments of our annual paycheck, not by just taking a percentage of the total.

Got it? :lol:

if you're making minimum wage, you aren't making 20k. lol

unless you're a minimum wage employee right now, it will have zero effect on you.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 1 2004, 09:27 AM
wages come from and are paid by your employer

taxes would only increase if the employees worked for the gov't, but most gov't employees make more than minimun wage as is, so there would be no need to increase taxes to cover this increase in min. wage

[post=410052]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes and this money comes from thin air, does it? The government receives more taxes from the workers as a result of their receiving larger sums of money. The business gets raped by having to foot the added cost of paying all its minimum wage employees more which leads to smaller profit margins. To counterbalance these smaller profit margins the business raises prices. This is how inflation occurs, which in turn will make the increase in minimum wage pointless because prices we be raised along with the wages. If this were the answer to poverty than they would do it every year, theres a reason why they don't.

Its not all nice and dandy like people think. "Oh its not going to be coming out of my pocket!"

Yes and this money comes from thin air, does it?

wtf are you talking about?

please refer to the first post, and then your response... and ask yourself... WTF am i talking about?

do you see anything in this thread regarding inflation?

guys i appreciate it. thank you for the answers

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 1 2004, 01:40 PM
Yes and this money comes from thin air, does it?

wtf are you talking about?

please refer to the first post, and then your response... and ask yourself... WTF am i talking about?

do you see anything in this thread regarding inflation?
[post=410139]Quoted post[/post]​

He was stating that, sure the state/country doesn't have to raise taxes to cover the hike in minimum wage, however in order for the normal business to pay for the extra cost of minimum wage they have to raise prices.....

this WOULD be true IF every company paid most of their empolyees minimum wage.

We hire sometimes hire 14-15 year olds and the only time we ever pay the minimum wage is when they're training. If they can't work hard enough to earn more then 5.15 an hour then we don't need you working for us.

So yes on paper if everyone were paid 5.15 an hour, raising that to 5.50 an hour would make prices in the end go up for whatever goods the company is offering.

Or maybe rich people could stop being greedy bastards and accept that they could make a few million less a year for the better good of their fellow man.....<_<

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 2 2004, 09:54 AM
Or maybe rich people could stop being greedy bastards and accept that they could make a few million less a year for the better good of their fellow man.....<_<
[post=410618]Quoted post[/post]​

Why is it there fault they have money? They worked hard, they invested there money or own there company. Ill be dammed if im going to give up my hard earned money so i can pay for other people's mistakes. But dont try to paint me as some crazy right winger either, i understand that people need help here and there and im all for that, but some people just are not wierd to work as hard as others in this world.

Sorry for the rant.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 2 2004, 12:54 PM

Why don't you go up to a coworker that makes less money then you and give them half of the differance of the extra money you make.

Sound like a great idea to me!

People who are willing to work make money. people who are willing to bust ass and work harder make even more money.

Why again should the harder working guy pay out someone who's lazy beucase he makes less?

Have you ever heard of China, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, or Vietnam?

Originally posted by jeffie7+Nov 2 2004, 03:16 PM-->
@Nov 2 2004, 12:54 PM

Why don't you go up to a coworker that makes less money then you and give them half of the differance of the extra money you make.

Sound like a great idea to me!

People who are willing to work make money. people who are willing to bust ass and work harder make even more money.

Why again should the harder working guy pay out someone who's lazy beucase he makes less?

Have you ever heard of China, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, or Vietnam?
[post=410777]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank You Jeffie

Back