ok WTF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98integrals

ok so this is the first time that ive posted this but i paid for a 92 hatch rolling chassis a few weeks ago (going on 4 now) from someone local.

well, the title was signed over wrong when the kid bought the car so we went to the sos to get that sorted out. they said they would send him a new one in 5-10 business days. no big deal right... well he still "doesnt" have it and i havent seen the car in 2 weeks. the car also had some body damage so i decided to send it strait to his friends place (im a fucktard i know). and that was the last time i saw it. now he is taking his sweet fucking time to get some shit out of it that i asked him to get for me so i could sell them.

he hasnt been avoiding me or anything yet so i dont know if the SOS is just being slow as hell (cause they can be) or if he is trying to fuck me over. I told him that he needed to get the guy moving on the body work cause i want the car in my yard by next weekend. its just pissing me off that this is taking so long.

anyways.. sorry bout the rant. if its not done by the weekend and the title "hasnt come in" i will be asking for suggestions of legal action to get my $ back.

no :( but i gave him a check so i at least have something, and i have a copy of the temporary title.

plus ive known this kid for a while, and i dont think he is the shady type....

but we all know how that goes :angry:

Originally posted by Bns773@Sep 29 2003, 07:45 PM
So does he have it or does his friend? :blink:

i know he doesnt have it cause he got a 91 hatch right after he sold me the 92 and he only has a 1 car garage (lives in an appartment)

so its either at the body shop his friend works for or at his friends house but he wont give me a strait answer either way cause i dont think he knows for sure.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Sep 29 2003, 11:12 PM
call the SOS to see if they have sent out the new title

Good idea. Sometimes these title requests just take longer than their estimate. And also drive by his friend's auto body shop to see if it's there in their lot. Is that shop very far away from you? And if you do go over there, just be relaxed and casual about the visit. Stay calm.

if the SOS is whwat you call your department of motor vehicles...then you have nothing to worry about :D those folks have a rep for taking their sweet ass LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to send stuff out. especially stuff that needs special attention.

word.

sos= sec. of state= teh :ghey: and they are fucking slow as hell.

BUT, that still doesnt explain why i havent seen the car in 2-3 weeks. i guess the shop is close enuf for me to swing by and at least see if the car is there.

i told him i wanted the carpet and rear interior pannels cause someone actually does want to buy them from me, so if nothing else i can always tell him to take me to the car so i can get them

took 3 months to get the title for my 240.... and that was just a regular transfer- no special mis-signs or anything like that.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Sep 30 2003, 12:00 AM
BUT, that still doesnt explain why i havent seen the car in 2-3 weeks. i guess the shop is close enuf for me to swing by and at least see if the car is there.

I am confused here... you bought a rolling shell. Right after you purchased it, you had it towed to this auto body shop for work. So... unless you went down to the auto body shop (which you didn't), how else were you expecting to "see" it? <_<

Btw, I'm on your side dude...

hehe i know.

the reason im getting pissed is cause i need to get to it to get stuff out of it and he isnt cooperating. and it isnt at the shop :( . its at the guys house who WORKS at the shop. it was cheaper if he took it to his garage and did it. it was only at the shop for the first day or 2 getting the frame fixed on the rack.

Back