1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay I'm Now A Little Pissed I Need Some Info!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hardweapon, Feb 3, 2003.

1. hardweapon

hardweapon Member

Okay here on this site there was an aritcle about a HF head swap to a 16v head swap. Okay while the site was down I ventured over to honda-tech.com and they said that the head swap wouldn't work! That the HF piston's don't have the valve recesses for 16 valves. That if I did swap heads that I would crush valves before I could get out of the driveway! Okay someone is mis-informed because one of you say this and the other says that! What WILL work and what WON"T because I almost started to do this the other day and if I had that shit happen I would have been really angry! Now I need some clarification on this before it's done. Because this just isn't a thread it was an article on this site. So some stupid ricer couldn't have posted the article it had to have been a moderator or a site coordinator! I need someone to either correct the error or explain to me how it WILL work. I thought that the bottom end of all D15's were basically the same. My car is a 90' HF. If that can help.

2. b20civic

b20civic Member

I haven't read up on the head swap, but with any hybrid head conversion you should clay it and find out valve clearance....do not rely on hear-say. Always go the extra distance and then you are the authority not the product of bad information if in fact it is.

3. William H. Hovah

William H. Hovah Junior Member

yeah i agree with him..not tryin to be a dick but you cant jus go by everybodys word..specially if you cant afford a lose if someone is wrong..dont do anything unless you have postive feedback..sorrry i cant help you but i dont know much about 16 valve heads or HF models..i left that a long time ago with my old rex..DOHC VTEC brother..its all happening NOW..good luck

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I brought up that exact same point on honda tech and had a couple people tell me that the pistons all have four reliefs whether they were from a 12 valve,8 valve or 16 valve.They aren't going to post a article here without someone having done it.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

chet got that info from cory thompson who has built it before.

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Word as law,so there is your answer.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted