Okay need help asap ecu for a d15b vtec a/t

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Meshaq

Okay, so I blew my motor(d16y7). Swapped to a D15B Vtec-e! Seems easy enough right? Wrong, I have a A/T transmission. What I need help is I to know is What ECU I need for a 3 stage vtec-e equipped with an a/t. The wiring harness I have is an obd2. So Im just not sure what needs to be done. I dont really wan to swap to obd1.

thanks

bee looking and so far this is what ive come up with p2j p2p p28 but which one or will all of them work?

Unfortunately for you there is no ECU that will work. The 3 stage VTEC came with a CVT or a manual, no conventional automatic. This information is commonly available and you should have check it out first. You'll need to swap to manual or swap the engine. Stupid question but are you sure it's a 3 stage? You're the first person I've heard refer to it as a VTEC-E. 3 stage has both VTEC-E and VTEC. Two VTEC solenoids.

I'm not 100% sure but i believe it is its got to vtec sloenoids on the top left hand of the head.
So in short we cant do the swap until we get a new tranny or motor right? is there like an obd2 to an obd1 conversion kit thall work?

Ya i shouldve checked it out first but im more of a truck and carb guy first time tuner swapper and first time honda and 4 banger swap. But where can i get an CVT tranny?

I hope you're not doing this swap for the power, because the vtec-e engines make less power than the non-vtec dx motors.

'96-'00 Civic HX came with either CVT or 5-speed

You can get a CVT and ECU from a 96-00 Civic HX which is D16Y5. You will have to get an intake manifold and throttle body from an automatic also if your 3 Stage manifold is from a manual transmission car. The IACV's are different. One has it attached to the back of the manifold and the other has it attached to the throttle body itself. You can't use a non VTEC (D16Y7) manifold because they're totally different with the throttle body standing straight up. There were some D16Y8's (I think late model 99-00 EX's) that have EGR making them interchangeable with the D16Y5 and 3 Stage VTEC motor's intake manifolds.

D15b 3 stage vtec

Hi SuspendedHatch, I have the D15b 3 stage with auto ecu and tb but used my manual tranny and i am having trouble with the idling, could it the auto tb and ecu not compatible with the manual tranny in reference to your post #7... no code/cel though.

Back