Okay, New Problems with New Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You prolly need a new steering rack, if you see at a complete stop. Ties are straight, if you turn the wheel do you here a clunking noise? Or when you go from a stop, to rolling do you hear a cherping noise? All signs of fucked rack.

Yeah, there is a chirping noise. I thought it was something with the brakes maybe. I'm having my mechanic look at it as we speak, so maybe they'll come up with something. If I can fix it by myself, I'll try though.
The guy looking at my car doesn't think it's the rims. He's got ones similar on his Civic and doesn't have troubles. I don't think the main culprit are the rims, but I think they make the problem worse.

UPDATE:

Okay, so they say the wheels are too wide. They can't see anything else wrong with it.

And, dun dun duuuuun headgasket's blown. Will be fixing that shit tomorrow. I was actually talking to my grandma about that a day ago lol. It's eating coolant like fucking candy. So, that problem's solved.

throw some steelies on there and drive it..you will notice a differance immediately if its because of the wheels...if theres not a differance then check all the points in the stearing unit.
goodluck on the headgasket change

The tires are. He said something, but I was on break and rushing. Something about getting tighter struts or some shit....I don't know. I'll get more details tomorrow.

Yeah, I have the same width tires, and like I said, it darts some, but most of that is due to my "eyeballed" alignment.

Back