Okay so I got my car back...then...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunter4life

Rotary Man
Well I finally got my Rx7 back...guess the wire between the coolant sensor and ecm was no good and same with the coolant sensor, which blew my main relay. Anyways thought I would go for a cruise last night and on my way home I got pulled over for slightly speeding...dammit! By the way this is my first ticket but the cop was a complete asshole. He kept flashing his dam pen light in my eyes and kept threatening to tow my car, why? I do not know. It wasn't like I was doing 120km/h in a 50 zone or something. Anyways then he kept asking me where I got the car and pretty much asked about my whole life history which was kinda weird. Then he starts walking around my car...he freaks out because of my mufflers(which were on when I got the car) and then he explains how my lights are smoked so thier illegal. Well F*** now I have to replace my tailights my side turn signals and brake lamps for next week. I have to go for an inspection at the police station. Note: I also have to replace my mufflers...such a great night:(

I dont know what your local laws are, but did the car pass inspection with all the equipment on? most of the time if the front turn signals are amber your fine, (meaning the bulb is amber), the rear can be amber or red bulbs. As far as your mufflers being illegal hes full of shit. Take the car to the police station or if you know cop get him to inspect it and have him write a letter saying he checked it out.

Yah apparently they are over 86 decibels..how he can give such a fine measurement with his ear is amazing...and I phoned to check out regulations and my lenses have to be factory so hopefully I can find some at a wrecker...:(

dam thats messed up, I had a 87 rx-7 gtu with no cats and 2.5" exhaust to a 2" y pipe to mufflers with a 4" tip. That thing was louder then most fox body mustangs. However it also used to shoot out 10ft flames out the exhaust.

I never once got pulled over for it being to loud, but I guess its all dependent on your local laws

Yah where I live...Canada they are trying to crack down on street racing...should have given him info. where the real races are for my freedom :D

Back