Honda del Sol Carbon Fiber Hood ideas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
the time has come to get me a carbon fiber hood.
Mine is completely hit from rocks and accidetally opening it with the wiper blades up... so rather than just repaint that one.. i figure i'll get a carbon fiber one while i'm at it and paint that bitch.

i understand that vis and fiber images are good... anyone have any useful links to purchase such a thing?
94 del sol yO.

shipping for a carbon fiber hood from ca to michigan is NO MORE than 40 dollars via ups ground. anyone who pays more is a chump.

its cheap for you b/c of the shop.. but a VIS hood is like 200 or 250 for shipping from seattle to okla b/c it weighs also as much as a stock p.o.s.

16 pounds isn't the issue, it's the size and akwardness also I believe.

If you paint it, I think it would be cool to leave a honda symbol in the font (normal size) that is unpainted, or do "fading" paint to carbon fiber somewhere. I think that would be a nice touch.

if you call ups and give them dimensions and the weight of the box they will ship it for like 40

It's definitely an "unorthodox size" thing. I've shipped weird-sized boxes UPS and got raped for it. I'd love to see a $40 shipping charge on a CF hood.

shipping a cf hood to a business address from a place that has daily ups pickup, ground from fresno cailfornia to my parents shop in waterford michigan was quoted by ups to run, "roughly 40 dollars" which does not include the insurance.

what kind of car pills? friend owns a shop and sells shit relatively cheap.
and what brand of cf hood?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 7 2003, 03:12 PM
shipping a cf hood to a business address from a place that has daily ups pickup, ground from fresno cailfornia to my parents shop in waterford michigan was quoted by ups to run, "roughly 40 dollars" which does not include the insurance.

see.. not everyone owns a shop, do they? :) Also, i am sure you guys have an account, that also helps. That is how Brian Wong can pay 50 bucks to ship a tranny. Account with fedex y0.

If you paint it, I think it would be cool to leave a honda symbol in the font (normal size) that is unpainted, or do "fading" paint to carbon fiber somewhere. I think that would be a nice touch.

i seen sum cool shit in a mag where the dude put a lite blue pearl coat over the cf hood. looked super clean. you could try that unless your car isnt blue, then maybe try a different color. like the color of your car. yea.

adam, make sure what ever brand you get, it has rolled edges, stock latching position, and holes cut for the windsheild nozzles.

I think this one looks extremly clean (minus the unpainted part of it)
s3e8b38d741613.jpg

to qoute ek9r
check ou the link, its a JDM cf hood, preinstalled wiper nozzles, and edges are rolled under to avoid any freying. Only kind ive seen that was made so well, i was very impressed. I think thid is the best cf hood on the market.

Back