okay this is bullshit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

okay so i'm on jefferson highway (if you don't know the street names because you are from somewhere else just bare with me) heading towards uptown and the light on jefferson and causeway turns yellow and i'm about to go thru it and a red eclipse sweres from the middle lane into mine and i slam on my brakes and hit him. we get out, everyones okay. a cop saw it and so did another girl who stayed and told the cop what she saw. they had to call the state cops and it took them about 20 minutes to get there, then the cop that saw it left. the girl told her side and left too. the cop asked me what happened and i told him and the other guy said "i was turning from the middle lane and he hit me, its not my fault". well its gets better... he didn't have insurance.
furious.gif
the guy said he jsut bought his car and he hadn't gotten his insurance stuff yet... WHY ARE YOU DRIVING IT THEN FUCKER?? so after about an hour the cop gives me some stuff to fill out and he asks me again what happened. then my dad came (the car is under his name) and asked the cop who's fault it was. the cop said it was the other guys fault but he failed to mention that he DIDN'T get a ticket. i told my dad i don't think the other guy got a ticket and my dad asked the cop why and he wouldn't answer him. he turned from the middle lane, it was his fault, and he didn't have insurance. so i'm basically fucked... unless we can sue him. last time i checked, driving without insurance was illegal, but if not i'll just stop paying mine beacuse i'd love to have the extra money every month. my frame is bent, i need a new bumper, bumper cover, hood, radiator, radiator support, corner lights, and maybe a driver fender. i'm pretty pissed.

i'll have pics up tonight for yall to see. this is fucking bullshit. ahhhhhhhh. btw i drive a milano red 95 coupe.

sucks ass but this is why you carry under insured / uninsured motorist coverage
you have a police report right???

file claim with your insurance company

you should still be able to use your insurance to fix the car, unless its considered totaled. Your insurance shoudl fix the car and they go after the guy that caused the accident. well that has been from my experience .

Sorry about your car, btw what the hell is a malino

call your insurance, tell them what happened, and give them all of the other guys information. they get a hold of the other guys insurance company and then it usually takes care of itself...which means their insurance company pays for the damages and their payments skyrocket. that's how it's supposed to work, anyway.

If he doesn't technically have insurance on his new car, he should still be covered by his insurance company from his previous car. It's my understanding that it's carried over to the new car even if he hasn't had it switched over yet.

call your insurance, tell them what happened, and give them all of the other guys information. they get a hold of the other guys insurance company and then it usually takes care of itself...which means their insurance company pays for the damages and their payments skyrocket. that's how it's supposed to work, anyway.
he does not have insurance. maybe he does from a previous car but i'm not sure. we have to wait till monday to get the police report. the cop told me "he doesn't have insurance, you'll have to pay for it yourself" and i was like "uh no i won't". i'll let yall know what happens, but i dont wanna call my insurance company because i know my rates will go up even higher... and i can barely afford it now.

X is paid by I-X and I-X sues D to recoupe losses for payment from I-X to X.

That article was confusing, to say the least.

i do not have collision insurance... and i'm trying to not have my rates go any higher than they already are. we're gonna call the kid and be like look, here is a quote for the damage how are you gonna pay it, and if not sue him...

i'll have pics tonight, or i should anyway.

I was hit by a mustang (blind sided) and bashed my car, So the guy had no license, the car had no insurance, he was drunk. I paid the 200 dollar deductible, insurance company paid to fix my car. They went after the guy, and did what ever. I dont know or care what they did. Talk to the insurance company. Because my rate didnt go up. See what they say if you want to make a claim. Dont just pay out of your pocket to pay for the repairs. And wait, didnt you say it was your dads truck? Then why would your insurace go up ?

If the guy just bought the car, then he has 5 days to xfer the insurance from his previous vehicle to the new vehicle.

same shit happened to me awile back. If you have progessive get ready to lose your 500 bucks. The guy at fault didnt have insurance. It was 750 bucks in damage and they kept my 500 deposite since they coudnt get it from the guy at fault. They turned it over to a collecting agency who would be much more'' aggresive on collecting payment''. yeah right,as long as he didnt answer the phone there was nothing they could do.

I got stuck with a slightly bent grill scuffed chrome and i only got 250 bucks. i wouldnt care if it was a beater. this was a brand new truck less than a year old with NO damage.

Awesome insurance i have...assholes

Hope you fight harder than i did. i just flat out got reamed

Last edited:
here she is, the car is totalled based on insurance company polices... a shop quoted $2800 to fix and i know i can do better than that but if the guy did have insurance thats the quote i would give them. so yeah... ugh.

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

no fuckin way for 2800...... I could fix that myself for 500 TOPS !!!! Totaled my ass !!

Have you talked to the insurance to see what there going to do? Didnt you say it was your dads car?

no fuckin way for 2800...... I could fix that myself for 500 TOPS !!!! Totaled my ass !!

Have you talked to the insurance to see what there going to do? Didnt you say it was your dads car?

Hood, two fenders, front bumper, front bumper cover, possibly lights if the brackets are broken. Radiator was probably broken. Supports bent. Paint to match the rest of the car.

Way over $500 to make the car look right. You're talking at least $1500 with used parts and not even making the car look like original condition.

Back