old American car lovers, heres your chance!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yaris.sized.jpg

I've seen lots of nicely decked out Yarii

toyota_yaris_3.jpg

funny%20pictures%20yaris.jpg

Ultimately, the torsion bar rear suspension is what does it for me. The dash board has that annoying center gauge thing, but I got used to it in the xB. And the frontal storage spaces in the Yaris are awesome.

Last edited:
Xb is where its at. They've grown on me completely.

I <3 my Cooper S

I had the Yaris on order...for 2 months...and said screw it, I can't wait any longer for a car. Got my DP back and went out and bought the Mini

and just so everyone whos looking at a Yaris knows...THE HATCHBACK 5 SPEEDS ABSOLUTLY DO NOT COME WITH A TACH

...and the cluster from the sedan (which has one) doesn't fit/plug in.

the only way thus far to get one, it to get a Canadian model cluster...which is in KM's

Pile that on top of the EW style rear suspension, no rear discs, no sunroof option, and a 10 month waiting list for a hatch w/power and its just the end-all-be-all deal killer

but like I said, I <3 the Mini

That is a great pile of cars/parts to do a resto business if you could afford it... You could EASILY make your money back restoring the CanAms, the challengers, the BelAirs, not to mention selling the rare pars like the 289 Cobra Intakes, the Velocity Stacks for the Flatheads....

With the proporty and house, $300k-$400k sounds better.

I <3 my Cooper S

I had the Yaris on order...for 2 months...and said screw it, I can't wait any longer for a car. Got my DP back and went out and bought the Mini

and just so everyone whos looking at a Yaris knows...THE HATCHBACK 5 SPEEDS ABSOLUTLY DO NOT COME WITH A TACH

...and the cluster from the sedan (which has one) doesn't fit/plug in.

the only way thus far to get one, it to get a Canadian model cluster...which is in KM's

Pile that on top of the EW style rear suspension, no rear discs, no sunroof option, and a 10 month waiting list for a hatch w/power and its just the end-all-be-all deal killer

but like I said, I <3 the Mini

Wow- that long of a waiting list? I'll bet you could get one down here in Lufkin without having to wait- hell, all the Civic Sis are sold off the lot at sticker, and the Fit isn't even backordered more than a few weeks.

As for the tach, I would just go for an aftermarket one or an RSM stuck somewhere in the dash.

Wow, he is in vermont. Where the fuck is Calais??

Found it, wow.. thats in the middle of fucking NO WHERE. "suburb of montpeiler" my ass.

Xb is where its at. They've grown on me completely.

Once you get used to the center gauges, the side gauge pods are where it's at:

0402tur_07s+Scion_xB+Secondary_Gauges.jpg

That totally makes the modern Scion interior come together, Yaris included. Room for aftermarket, ftmfw.

holy crap if I had the money i would buy that and turn around and sell it. You would make like 10 times what the bid was at when it ended.

Once you get used to the center gauges, the side gauge pods are where it's at:

0402tur_07s+Scion_xB+Secondary_Gauges.jpg

That totally makes the modern Scion interior come together, Yaris included. Room for aftermarket, ftmfw.

I drove my friend's Yaris hatch. Two words: No Balls. It's nice for what it is - people mover. But the buttons and knobs are all cheap feeling, and the ergonomics in all the new toyotas suck for anyone that isn't sitting 5 inches from the steering wheel. Being 6'2", I have to move my seat all the way back, and then I can't reach anything but the steering wheel and pedals. The only toyota that I fit in and liked was, ironically, the mr2 spyder, which no longer is being made. Boo, Toyota.

The WRX, however, has wonderful ergos...

Back