old bmw beater

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dman1100

My friends brother bought an old beat up beamer and now he's buying his friends civic. I might pick the bmw up for cheap to nothing because it's got bad tranny problems i guess. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much parts would cost, like a new motor possibly, and definately a new tranny. It's a real piece and it's got some speed holes due to rust. i think it would do good at the track if it was built right. I think it's around an 85 - 90 maybe older. anyone know about old beamers?

i was thinking it would be expensive but i'll take it if they give it away. Maybe it's fixable and i can drive it instead of the civic

junk yards baby...I know where a few bmw's are around my house in some yards, if you get it I can front you the part, you sent me the cash, then I could send you the part. and there are only 2 yards that rip you off...there is this one yard that I can get a whole motor for $200, tranny for $150. with 90day warnt. although thats if you can find what you want, most of the time its striped down...but I would get the car if it was a few hundo or less...

Originally posted by xyswany@Sep 3 2003, 01:00 AM
there heavy as hell and parts arent cheap. sounds like a money pit.

:withstupid: I've got a friend with two late 80s Beemers, they're beautiful cars, but expensive as fuck to mod out.

even if you can fix it up enough to make a quick $100, it would be worth it to me. Just make it forsale as soon as you get it

Back