Old, but still worth mentioning.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$1100- $1300 for the shifter is a hell of a deal, considering how much R&D went into it. Think about how complex a system would have to be to mechanically convert an H pattern to sequential, utilize your stock transmission and shift linkage, and do it reliably enough to sell to the general public. Hell, can anyone here devise a way to do that? I'm a pretty smart guy when it comes to mechanical engineering, and I'm having a hard time with it. And yes, it does come with a digital readout.

I agree. Its an engineering marvel.

However, I can't believe, since its mechanical, that its any faster than me on the stick. While you're pushing straight up or pulling back, it still has to shift like you normally would without it. How fast does it do that?

It, being a complicated engineering marvel, is prone to failure. What happens then? Who works on it? Do I have to ship it back to Japan & pay S&H both ways? What gain do it get for $1500 other than I'm the only one in GA/the SE/the East coast that has one?

I don't see a lot of bang for the buck.

If it where a true sequential shift....now we're talking...

Back