Old engines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KorenGuy

After doing a swap, what do you guys do with you old engines?
I just took out my d16y7 and I know there isn’t much of a market for it, but it would hurt so much to scrap a perfectly good engine. Anyways not looking for suggestions, just stories.

Ebay.
Or, what area are you in ? You could put up an ad here, or another Honda forum.

People are always blowing motors. Timing belt snaps, and BAM the whole thing is bad. You can make at least $600 if you find one of these people.

-> Steve

Yea, mine went to "upgrade" a CX (about the only thing a VX motor can do).

my old LS I sold for 200 had bad rings the guy never did anything with it... funny story... i should've kept it..

i left mine sitting in the garage after my "friend" decided he didnt want to rent that bay to me any more

took all my tools and stuff i wanted to save left the rest of the shit sitting there ... fuck it let that fucker figure out how to get rid of it all

I dropped mine from the top of a forklift on to the ground out back of my Dad's body shop. Then some big truck took it away.

It was an HF with blown rings. :lol:

Scrapped four engines at work.......We have a scrap pile, and a guy comes and picks it up once in a while to sell.

if i didn't sell it...

i would have taken the pistons and rods, and used tem for legs on a coffee table. :D

Back