old fart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FSTBLUOVL

hi guys ,im new here and new to hondas,im trying to help my son swap a stock 1994 intergra ls motor into his 1994 1.5 civic.we have everything from the donor vehicle except the engine wiring harness(it was gone),can i use the harness from the d15 engine or are all the plugs different.im sure this has been covered aq million times before but i have searched and cant find a definative answer.thanks for the help

no to be a wiseguy but what about the other 5%?

Typically vtec plugs and wiring are additional and sensors vary.
95% is accurate due to the fact that there are different applications and preferences.
Try a search, with your similar application.
You will notice different write ups with different options/opinions.

For the most part however it is a direct swap.

stock mounts will work, stock wiring will work.. there is no vtec to wire since its an LS ... just need the Integra shift linkage.. should be a direct swap

but since you have the integra donor vehicle i'd swap the rear disc conversion as well

02 is the only thing that may need to be changed (the 1.5's are 1 wire on some models, the ls is 4-wire)

02 is the only thing that may need to be changed (the 1.5's are 1 wire on some models, the ls is 4-wire)

This and there may be some emissions equipment on the Civic that wasn't on the LS, EGR for example ...ignore those. Which 1.5 Civic is it? The VX had vtec, and a five wire O2, and the CX has one wire. The worst you are going to run into is possibly having to lengthen a couple wires, other than that it's as straight forward as they come.

BE sure to use the LS ECU too, it won't look for any thing the Civic had regarding emissions, or vtec, or whatever.

So how do i convert the 02 sensor from 1 wire to four? Will i have to run wires to the ecu or just use the one wire sensor?

Back