old Football cards

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
well I was taki apeek thru my old collection and I found a John Elway rookie card.
man what a great investment I think I paid $0.50 for the pack of card his can in and 13 years later it's worth $140.00

well that's all for today.

there was a box a old baseball and football cards i ran across at a garage sale for 5 dollars and it had a mickey mantel card in it form 1968

congrats, I sold an old opeechee hockey card set from the middle 80's and got 100 for it when I bought it for 10 bucks, but wait. Does anyone still collect this shit, I remember back in the day there were like card stores everywhere. Now today there isn't shit.

Milan

Originally posted by 2fastCRX@Jul 20 2003, 11:45 AM
John Elway sucks, but congrats.

John Elway sucks? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...what rock have you been living under?

On that note, the Red Sox are a bunch of cut-rate hacks who will never beat the Yanks in a playoff series, much less win a World Series. :p :lol:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jul 20 2003, 06:20 PM-->
@Jul 20 2003, 11:45 AM
John Elway sucks, but congrats.

John Elway sucks? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...what rock have you been living under?

On that note, the Red Sox are a bunch of cut-rate hacks who will never beat the Yanks in a playoff series, much less win a World Series. :p :lol:

I think John Elway sucks because I have never like the Broncos, therefore I don't like Elway. Although I can admit he was a good QB. And about the Red Sox, they kick ass. If they had a big of a pay roll as the Yankees, maybe they could get alot more good players like the Yankess.

Well, first you've gotta be a good team to justify the payroll. How many World Series did the Bombers win BEFORE they had the big payroll? And how many have the Sox won in the past, say, 80 years?

No one can say that they are a bad team, not even you. And they have good players like Pedro Martinez and Manny Ramirez. Any team in the majors would do anything to get them. I can admit that there are teams better than the Red Sox, but I like the Red Sox the best, so I will keep saying good things about them.

Well, while the Red Sox may have good players, the fact that they haven't won a World Series in almost a century doesn't say much for the team. Teams like the Yanks, Braves, etc that win World Seires many times over have players that come together as a team when it counts (i.e., the postseason) in order to finish correctly. Very similar to the Broncos of the 80's that kept making it to the postseason, only to fall short at the end. They had good players like Elway, but they didn't have a team like the one that crushed Green Bay and Atlanta in the late 90's.

Well, maybe the Red Sox can overcome the same way the Broncos did, and work together as a team, and maybe win a World Series like the broncos won a Super Bowl. It is going to happen. Can you blame them that it is taking so long? They still have the curse of the Bambino.

im from KC so im lovin how the royals are doin right now its great to see them go from the shit hole to 6 1/2 games in first place....but im also a red sox fan kinda by default, i had an uncle that pitched for them in the early 60's...now back to the subject i have a michael Jorgan card from 89 thats worth $50.00 i think thats my most valueable card

Cards=retirement for some. My dad since I was around 7 has bought the upperdeck rookie set. He has ever year or rookie cards for around 15 years in upper deck so there are many many valuable cards in the sets. The only 2 cards I still own are a signed and authenticated Alex Rodriguez Rookie card, and a Drew Bledsoe Rookie card.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 22 2003, 01:09 PM
The only 2 cards I still own are a signed and authenticated Alex Rodriguez Rookie card, and a Drew Bledsoe Rookie card.

Do you know how much the autographed rookie of A-Rod is worth. That would be sweet to have. I have a bunch of Kobe Bryant rookie cards, but I have no idea how much they are worth. I stopped collecting around 1998.

Originally posted by 2fastCRX@Jul 22 2003, 03:12 PM
I have a bunch of Kobe Bryant rookie cards

After his sexual assault case, IF sometime happeneds, i'm sure the value of those card will double.

Myself, I have a Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemeiux rookie cards, but I'm too lazy to pick up a beckett and check there values. Are there any sites online that list them?

I am too lazy to go out and buy a Beckett myself. The other day, i went to Beckett.com and they make you pay like $4 a month to look up the card prices per sport. Other than that, I have not found a price guide online that is free. Congratulations on having a Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemiex rookie card. I bet they are pretty expensive.

Back