old news by now, but cali sucks #3423423423

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
another mudslide that killed a bunch of kids and shit.

Originally posted by UDT@Jan 12 2005, 10:50 PM
Can they get a lil respect? This was very close to me.
[post=444997]Quoted post[/post]​

Honestly. Very sad situation, especially the dad who went to get ice cream.

i cant believe they detained that guy for being hysterical, i would kill a mother fucker who old me to calm down when my wife and kids were missing

Im from cali, Have family in that part of cali. I feel really bad for those people, i really do. But about 10 years ago there was a law suit filed agianst the builder because the people were who lived there were saying the builder was causing the hills to fall down. (Makes alot of sense:ghey:) Any the judge in the case through it out and in no uncertian terms told them live there at your own risk. There are reports of giant mud slides there dating back to the 1800's. So if i was told that i would have moved or never lived there in the first place. Now those people are wanting tax money to secure those cliffs so they don't fall again. Hmm let me see 50 million plus so 200 people can live by the beach and a death hill, or maybe we could use that money to build a freeway, or get the state out of debt.

Sorry for the rant, im just so close to bailing out of cali.

yup. its so gay. you live on a cliff that is known for mudlisdes, and than bitch about it.

morons. stay in cali. we don't want you anywhere else.

Im listening to the news right now, those people dont have insurance on there property because noone would insure them living in that area. So bottom line is they want the tax payers to become there insurance comapany and bail them out so they can rebuild in area noone will insure.

God People are stupid.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 13 2005, 02:17 PM
yup. its so gay. you live on a cliff that is known for mudlisdes, and than bitch about it.

morons. stay in cali. we don't want you anywhere else.
[post=445258]Quoted post[/post]​

B - You know there are people from Cali on here right?
Just giving you shit. :lol:
There is alot that sucks about Cali but the girls out here make up for it. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by integraslut78@Jan 13 2005, 05:55 PM

B - You know there are people from Cali on here right?
Just giving you shit. :lol:
There is alot that sucks about Cali but the girls out here make up for it. :thumbsup:
[post=445371]Quoted post[/post]​

B's just jealous, thats why its such a big deal to him. Hes gettin no play back there in timbucktoo.

hey, i'm with everyone else. it's sad that guy lost his family, yes...

but if it's raining nutsacks and shit... and there's a big muddy mountain right up the road, i'd be packing my bags and taking off down into town or to a family's house AWAY from that shit... dur

buy a house on a mountain, or by the water... if it's storming, BE PREPARED. it comes with the territory.

they were ignorant to think that it wasn't even possible that huge hill could come down, fuck, they said it was 'showing signs of instability' earlier when it was raining.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Jan 13 2005, 11:25 PM
B's just jealous, thats why its such a big deal to him. Hes gettin no play back there in timbucktoo.
[post=445396]Quoted post[/post]​
:lmao:
:owned:

Still so very happy to be living in New England... :ph34r:
Preliminary Estimates Put Damage At Over $100 Million In Storm-Battered California

LOS ANGELES -- Deadly storms that pummeled California earlier this month probably cost the state more than $100 million in damage to homes, roads and farms, according to experts still tallying the bill.

Damage estimates for just the state's highways and interstate system come to about $50 million, said CalTrans spokesman David Anderson.

"As more assessments are made we expect that number to climb," he said Thursday.

Twenty-eight people died in California during five days of constant, torrential rain that ended Tuesday. Ten of the victims were in Ventura County's La Conchita area when a mudslide buried part of the coastal community. Thirteen homes were destroyed and 18 others were damaged.

Farmers in the county suffered an estimated $38 million in losses as rain drowned out crops and ripped out irrigation systems, according to the California Farm Bureau Federation.

On Wednesday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency in Ventura County, paving the way for financial assistance from the state.

In Los Angeles County, which includes the rapidly growing Antelope and Santa Clarita valleys, officials estimated private property damage at roughly $1 million, said Minerva Ariki, a supervisor at the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works.

When damage to more than 100 flooded or obstructed roadways, bridges and other public property in the area is added on, the estimate rises to more than $30 million, she said.

Authorities in San Bernardino and Riverside counties were still assessing damage Thursday and did not have any cost estimates.

Los Angeles, Riverside, Kern, San Diego and Santa Barbara counties have asked Schwarzenegger to declare a state of emergency, said Greg Renick, a spokesman for the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services.

By Thursday, more than 14,500 home and flood insurance claims had been filed, said Candysse Miller, executive director of the Insurance Information Network of California, a trade group that tracks the insurance industry.

By comparison, 2 million claims were filed by homeowners in Florida after the state was battered by four hurricanes last fall.

The 1994 Northridge earthquake caused $15 billion in insured losses, or losses to property covered by insurance policies, plus $25 billion in noninsured damages to the state's infrastructure, Miller said.

The Southern California wildfires of October 2003, which swept through whole communities, caused about $2 billion in insured losses, she said. (AP)

Back