Old roommate problems

What should I do with my old roommates furniture?

• Give him the benefit of the doubt and let it stay a little long

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiahanhao

Ok, here's my situation. I had a roommate move out (he didn't give me a deposit) and he asked me if I could keep some of his shit in the garage. Some of his shit turned out to be pretty much all of his shit. I told him he had to move it by the end of the month (this was at the beginning of September). It is now November, and I have left him countless messages to pick his shit up, and also to change his mailing address. I now have another roommate who is bitching at me because he can't park his CL in the garage because only 1 car fits right now. What should I do?

s3fa6afdade2cf.jpg

s3fa6afb5caa43.jpg

i suggest giving them one last call... leave a message or whatever stating that this is the last call you will be making and if they fail to contact you within 48 hours of you making the phone call all their shit will be thrown away or donated... thats how i would go about it...

Yeah, I had the same problem, I left a message. "Josh, you haven't been here for three weeks now, hanging out with the *********** so I want to know, are you living with me or not. Rent is due, and if you don't have it by tommorow, I will sell your shit, to pay for it." So, I go out to play some basketball, come back, all of his shit is gone, with a check for rent, because he didn't give me notice. Just leave a message like that. "If your shit isn't gone tomorrow, I will be 343 dollars richer.

Call him once more and let him know that his stuff needs to be gone by X day because Goodwill will be coming by to pick it up on that day.

if you let the stuff stay there then let the new roomate have the garage; cause what would you do if that stuff fell over and put a dent in the type r. let the roomate get the dent.

Originally posted by sisteve@Nov 3 2003, 02:58 PM
www.ebay.com :)

:werd:

I agree with everyone else.

One more serious call. Then get rid of it. It's not your shit, what the hell do you care??

document the calls you've made, give him a date and time when the stuff has to be out and if he doesnt pick it up pick out all the nice stuff and donate it to good will. i also belive goodwill will give recipts for tax deduction purposes so that way you have proof where it went and why just in case he brings you to court.

call his ass up and tell him if he dont come get his stuff by say a week from the day u call him...that you will be having a yardsale. hell if he has anything of value...take it to a pawn shop :)

Originally posted by Blanco@Nov 3 2003, 08:29 PM
What everyone else has said. Give him one last call with 48 hours to pick it up, if you sell it or just get rid of it. I don't know about where you live, but in Cali it's yours after 30 days. It's considered abandonment. Check into that, if so, it's already yours to do with as you please. :)

I'm in Cali.. the guy finally called today, after me leaving him around 10 messages, and said he'd be by to pick it up...

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Nov 3 2003, 11:19 PM-->
@Nov 3 2003, 08:29 PM
What everyone else has said. Give him one last call with 48 hours to pick it up, if you sell it or just get rid of it. I don't know about where you live, but in Cali it's yours after 30 days. It's considered abandonment. Check into that, if so, it's already yours to do with as you please. :)

I'm in Cali.. the guy finally called today, after me leaving him around 10 messages, and said he'd be by to pick it up...

what u gonna do if he dont come get his shit?

Donate it to a church. First off, someone who really needs the stuff will get it, and secondly, if he gets pissed off and tries to sue you or something, it will look really good in court that you donated it to a church instead of having a yard sale with it.

RECORD the call as his voicemail picks up. a tape will go a long way in court when he decides to sue you for tossing all his shit.

Back