Old Router For Xbox 360 Wifi Adapter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when u plug it in, is the power led on? what about ports 1,2,3,4. try different ports.

also, with the ethernet plugged into the router open a command prompt and type in

ipconfig /all

and past it here. it could you turned off your ethernet device and/or wire is busted.

Oh and power led is on and so are the different ports if I plug the cable into it. Pinging it doesn't return anything either.

it seems like the router is okay, but you just get a hold of it. i think it could be something with your network/internet setting. because if you run the ipconfig /all command, it should list all the network adapters you have.

i would try this to trouble shoot because it seems like you are having trouble with LAN only.

-control panel
-device manager
-network adapters

under network adapters, you should have at least two items and no yellow flags/marks. there should be a LAN/Ethernet and and WLAN/802.11x

lastly, make sure that when you have it wired up to the router, the lan port itself is lit. and if all these are good, try uninstalling and installing drivers to both devices.

I get this if I reenable my wifi. With my wifi disabled nothing comes back.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 152
that confirms it. your lan is not working. because it should be listed on the table.

try enabling it. go to control panel. network connections. right click your lan card and select enabled. also please check device manner to see no yellow marks under network adapters. as mentioned, should have two. one for ethernet and one wireless.

It appears to be working here...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 142
Woo thanks endlesszeal you're awesome! Definitely going to rep you again after I spread it around!

np man. just helping out.and just a few suggestions and comments.

if youre not satisfied with coverage, can always bump up voltage and overclock it. just dont get too excited and blow it up. i would even suggest asking for some settings on the ddwrt forum. also, if you have another router (preferably another ddwrt'd router) you can set up repeater bridge mode and have it spread the signal even further and use one of them as a gateway to pass out IPs for both WLAN and LAN.

lastly about the random BSODS, i would:

1) scan for viruses, malware, adware etc. with antivir and superantispyware.
2) test of stability using OCCT for CPU stress and monitor cpu temps with HWmonitor. As i said before, it could be because its a P4 and its overheating. If its reaching anything over 70C it will BSOD to prevent melt down. then you need to clean that mofo ASAP.
3) run memtest to see if memory is kicking dirt.
4) if all is okay, then suggest a reinstall of windows because probably of years of abuse and registery is all f**ked up. because by the looks of it, the drivers werent install correctly. oh yeah and i would install the latest driver for your video. its either an intel or nvidia not sure which one because i didnt really look.

good luck and have fun with ddwrt =)

Last edited:
Back