old skool

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quicksi

The 50 Cent thread got me thinkin about oldskool rap....

anyone like Digital Underground???

Whats your favorite obsecure Oldskool rap???

Yeah, Digital Underground is kind of transitional. But they've been around for awhile.

Boogie Down Productions
Slick Rick
Run DMC
3rd Bass
NWA

Vanilla Ice, and I am not joking, he was bad ass. Also like Dana Dana with Fame. Don't like Run DMC. Digital Underground was cool too, love the "Humpty Dump." Wrex 'N' FX, however the hell you spell it, rump shacker was bad ass, listen to it to this day. Chris Cross was also sweet, along with Coolio, and of course M.C. Hammer.

deltron 3030, del the funky homosapien? he aint old school, he is hip hop funk sorta. he is good tho.

peanut butter wolf
run dmc
grand master flash and the furious 5

how can you all forget gang star, an epmd. That is if your considering that anything pre '90 is old school. Otherwise there was a ton that happened in 93-94 and nowadays nobody remembers even that.
chuck d- she says hes just a friend.
i dont care but pm dawn with memory bliss kicked ass too.
and too short was doing it back then too.
and nobody like 2livecrew either?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 30 2003, 08:41 AM
Yeah, Digital Underground is kind of transitional. But they've been around for awhile.

Boogie Down Productions
Slick Rick
Run DMC
3rd Bass
NWA

whoop whoop thats the sound of the police.
or stand into the light.

yeah whatever happened to MC Search

oh yeah last but not the least
Public Enemy.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Sep 30 2003, 09:48 AM
Vanilla Ice, and I am not joking, he was bad ass. Also like Dana Dana with Fame. Don't like Run DMC. Digital Underground was cool too, love the "Humpty Dump." Wrex 'N' FX, however the hell you spell it, rump shacker was bad ass, listen to it to this day. Chris Cross was also sweet, along with Coolio, and of course M.C. Hammer.

I really, really hope that was a joke. We're talking about old skool rap, not froo-froo shit that happens to be sung by black guys (or guys trying to be black).

yes, EPMD
slick rick, or mc ricky d, hehe
and of course too short, the original pimp
and "just a friend" was by biz markie, not chuck d

While I can't stand Vanilla Ice's "Compositional works" I do think he's a really cool dude.

Ever see his movie ? "Cool as Ice" It was f*cking great. That guy would tour the country on his bike with his friends and just pull over on the side of the highway and get down. He didn't care what it was to - Or where he was. He would just explode into this choreography in the middle of a field.

And that takes confidence.

-> Steve

I know Digital Underground was sort of Transitional, but it depends on your definition of old skool.

REALLY old skool wopuld be:
Sugar Hill Gang
LL Cool J
Fat Boys
Run DMC
Public Enemy

etc.

I still consider Digital underground to be old skool as well since they came out in the late 80's.

I also really liked KRS-1.....

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 30 2003, 06:12 PM
While I can't stand Vanilla Ice's "Compositional works" I do think he's a really cool dude.

Ever see his movie ? "Cool as Ice" It was f*cking great. That guy would tour the country on his bike with his friends and just pull over on the side of the highway and get down. He didn't care what it was to - Or where he was. He would just explode into this choreography in the middle of a field.

And that takes confidence.

-> Steve

It also takes a video camera, a boom mic, a couple of best boys, a couple of key grips, a first unit director, a second unit director, a lighting technician, a sound technincian, a makeup artist, and caterer....because IT WAS A MOVIE!!!!

Your talkin bout the same dude that Suge Night hung upside down from a balcony to get the rights to his music! If he didn't care, he would have told Suge to eat the corn out of his shit.....

Compton's Most Wanted

Above The Law

THAT is old school...

doubt anyone knows who they are tho :lol:

what about this guy?

koolmoedee.jpg

How Ya Like Me Now?

Kool Moe Dee

Back