Old work place might be closing.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Well in the small town I used to live in, theres a movie theater. I worked there for 3 years, and quit in August because I was going to school and wasn't gonna drive 45 minutes either to school or to work. So they manager sends me a pic today of the stock room where we kept all our shit. It was so bare. There was usually a big work bench, all kinds of tools, lots of blank keys, and they took all of that out. I called him and asked "Hey, you finally make Tim clean out the supply closet" he says no, someone is coming to look at the place this weekend. I display my shock, and we keep bullshitting. He said that he was told either it's sold, or it's everyone out by Jan 1st.

It's just kinda sad to see the place close down. In all honesty I feel a little guilty. I mean, the place was pretty much just open to give us something to do, and for a tax write off. But I'm on to bigger and better things, and one of my friend's brother works there now. I got him in, and I feel sorta bad for that one. Kinda lame that I don't have a place to work now for winter and summer break too. It's just sad because that was what held together an entire group of friends, wonder if it'll still be the same?

I can't explain it, but when looking back over that post, in my head I hear it read by the guy who voiced over "A Christmas Story." Even weirder though, its also set to the Doogie Howser theme song. Im confoozed!

:cliffs:

Used to work at a theater

Quit when I moved to college

Going out of business

Hooked a friend up with a job

Whole bunch of us use it as a hang out

Out of a winter and summer job.

I was going to school and wasn't gonna drive 45 minutes either to school or to work

Lollygagger! My daily commute is 96.8 miles now. 45-55 minutes in, 60-90 minutes home.

In the snow! Uphill! With no shoes!

I wouldn't have such a problem if I would have been working enough to compensate my gas mileage. But now I can walk to work, its so nice.

Back