Olympic Speed Skating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
anyone following this?

i have been watching the olympics after i get home from work around 9pm due to tax season

i always seem to catch the speed skating, and it appears there is a minor-ish conflict between hedrick and davis

apparently davis (first US black athlete to win a medal in the winter olympics by the way) decided to not participate in the team speed skating event...

hedrick apparently feels that davis not participating cost the US a medal in that event and is further put off by the fact that davis never discussed nor informed him as the team captain that he would not be participating...

i don't know much more about the situation but it appears that the US speed skating team and davis have nothing more in common than the color of their uniforms...

and i think davis got the boot from some speed skating association but caught that in passing so no info on it...

the media has been making this out to be a huge feud between the two...

i just researched it a bit more and i foudn this on his website...

U.S. Speedskating and Chad Hedrick need to be exposed for their satanic plot. The deadline for filing the paperwork for declaring which distances you would compete in at the Olympics was December 31, 2005. According to U.S. Speedskating, you would not be allowed to participate in an event unless you sent in that paperwork by that deadline. And of course everybody knows that U.S. Speedskating always adheres to their rules. Shani filed those papers informing U.S. Speedskating that he wished to compete in the 1000, 1500, 5000 and 10000 (if qualified). On December 31, 2005, U.S. Speedskating named its pursuit team of five skaters (Hedrick, Parra, Boutiette, Leveille, Mull). Shani lives and trains in Calgary, while the team trains in Salt Lake. Shani has never trained with this team or participated in a pursuit event.
Chad Hedrick is a ball-faced liar when he says that Shani abandoned the team because Shani was never on that team. But Chad is right that Shani didn't talk to him about it because Shani most often distances himself from people he doesn't like. Yes, if the media must know, Shani does not like Chad. But until now, Shani had always been cordial and gracious.

i find this to be very interesting compared to how NBC is reporting it with their olympic coverage...

yea, hedrick is the white guy, and the team captain

me and the old lady got into a uhmmm... "discussion" over this last night

"... if by 'discussion' you mean there a bunch of hitting, broken glass and screaming"

Why did you put Discussion in quotes ?!

And Chad I think is the speed skating roller blader. He seems cool.

discussion means uh... not really an arguement, diffrence of opinion

she thinks he's an asshole and self centered prick, and i think he's getting a bum rap...

Back