This: Amazon.com: Olympus m:robe MR-100 Digital Music Player: Electronics After dropping it years ago, it stopped working. Recently I found it, took it apart, got the arm on the microdrive (Seagate ST1 ST650211FX) unstuck, booted it, whacked it with my hand, and it magically started working again. Sort of. I can browse all the music on the device, and most of the songs work, however every once in a while a song will only play part-way before stopping. I can skip it and keep jammin', but obviously the file is corrupt. My main problem is when I sync it to my computer, I can open it as a Mass Storage Device and browse the folders, but only a small portion of the music is visible in Windows Explorer and there are a bunch of empty folders. Some of the folders have all there files intact and I can view/read/copy them just fine. Some of the folders have a mix of valid/corrupt files where the valid mp3's have all the track info and the corrupt files do not. If I try to copy anything out of the folders with corrupted data, my computer freezes and Windows explorer crashes. I tried disk checking the drive for errors, but windows says it cannot check the volume. I tried data recovery software and even it freezes/crashes. I tried a tool that fixes corrupt mp3 files and it crashed as soon as it hit the first corrupt file. I believe that when windows tries to access the corrupt files, the drive stops responding and explorer crashes. All I want is to get the valid files off the drive. I can use it as-is but I would like to be able to store the music onto my computer again (the originals died in a HDD failure) I'm open to suggestions, as I've run out of things to try. Thanks.