OMFG charge a 94 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks for the input and ill be sure to stop f-ing other peoples threads. oh one more thing when i am about to swap the motors should i go ahead and upgrade the tranny?

You can use your F22 tranny if you're on a budget, but I'd recommend going with an H22 tranny, since the gears are shorter (which equals faster acceleration) and you can get one with a limited-slip differential from the factory.

shorter gears also = no traction in 1st 2nd 3rd. but if you are going all out and have slicks and what not shorter gears will df get you down the track faster if you can hook up. if it was me and was a street car id keep the f22 tranny and add an after market limited slip. plus youl get better gass milage

see thats the problem im having. i want to keep it street and some what of a sleeper.. so really thats not bad h22=1800, new limited slip=200-300. does that sound about right?

"LSD" stands for Limited Slip Differential. If your going to be putting an h22 in your accord your going to want the h22 lsd tranny . If you keep the f22 tranny your not gonna be happy when all the extra power your h22 is making isnt getting to the ground because you stuck with the f22 transmission. The only reason people keep the f22 tranny is when they boost their car, becasue the longer gears keep them in boost longer.

Basically go with the lsd if you can.

^^^^ word.

if your engine comes with the h22 trany and you can get limited slip go with it, but if you got the tranny you could go cheaper on the engine and get just the block, and find the rest of the shit youl need used, ecu harness, distributro altinator pwr steering, ac if you so chose to keep it.

well then. so i can buy lsd for the h22 tranny? cause if i get it with the engine then its going to be an extra 600-800.... and where could i find an lsd for the h22 tranny?

OBX is a good brand. ebay normally has as good as a price as anyone else, so look ther normally $360 shiped stay away from fantom grip. it will kill your transmission. DO NOT USE FANTOM GRIP

Back