OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey all you have to do is pull out the pcv valve and plug it off, and then pull a vaccum line or 2, and your car will run very lean for the test. I work at a garage and I tell the ppl that can't pass that I will make their car pass for $50 cash, no questions. And it always works. Yeah , it's kinda Illegal, but fuck, I hate emissions

my O2 sensor was totally unplugged from the manifold when i tested for emissons and i passed (in my old sentra)

since it was just reading the atmosphere i had almost no emissions :D

( still kinda wondering why my engine didnt blow up though)

I Missouri, most people don't even know what emissions means. People who drive hondas here are tree huggers.

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Nov 9 2003, 12:03 AM
there are NONE around now that they have to put your car on a DYNO for the test.

Mst shops dont even have the dyno, and the ones that do, HAVE to charge, in order to make the money back that it cost for the dyno to be installed.... phuckin Cali emmisions.

no, they are still around. they're hard to find but they're around. i just smogged my car last year. thing is, i had to call about 5 or 6 places in the phone book before i found one that was fairly local.

Illinois is good for emmisions too... Tailpipe test every few years and that's it. A few places have dynos, but the last time my civic was on one it was on it for about 10 seconds at idle. Bam, pass. :)

There's a BP about 20 minutes from my house that sells 102 octane gas... Probably cause I live about 30 minutes from the Joliet Speedway and drag strip :)

i know it doesnt apply to many honda quys, but ive heard that an AWD dyno is coming to East Washington, for all you evo/scoobie guys

Originally posted by Juce@Nov 10 2003, 04:35 AM
I Missouri, most people don't even know what emissions means. People who drive hondas here are tree huggers.

Ya.... cept you can get 110 at Johnsons 1 stop... you might pass emissons with that :D

wouldnt plugging the PCV raise emmisions?

If plugging it is a cheap way to pass, then why do people reccomend changing them before a smog check?

pvc throws crankcase shit oily air back into the intake manifold to burn off, thus giving some emissions

If what the PCV valve does actually increases emmisions, dosen't that defeat the purpose of the valve?
If not, what's the darn thing for? :)

No, that is the sole purpose of the valve i thought... im confused.

anywaysi plugged the PCV valve and the crankcase breater hose, from the vavle cover to the intake.

is that ok?

BTW: PVC = positive crankcase ventilation
HC = hydro carbons ( burning oil and/or rich mixture )

Dont plug the PCV, thats bad, just vent it into the engine compartment somewhere. Make sure you hide it well though, make it look like everything is still hooked up. A PCV valve takes the vaporised oil from the crank case and passes it into the intake system so it can be burned. They used to just vent it to the atmosphere but enviromentalists complained because its bad for the green stuff. Burning the oil vapours, incinerates it an turnes it into CO and some other stuff thats a little better for the air. If they dont inspect the engine before testing, try putting a tee fitting between the PCV and the intake, plug the port into the intake and run another line out of the tee and down in behind the engine. Youll test cleaner and youll make a little bit more power cuz your not burning the less volitile oil vapour. Nothing that youll really notice though. I know this works, ive done it and tested it in training mode on the emissions dyno at work.

If that doesnt work, we have this stuff in Canada called guarenteed to pass. Its a fuel addative that really helps in some casses. You put a bottle of the stuff in a full tank, run it though and dyno after you fill up again.

Good luck

hmm... ok then, so i should NOT just plug it for the test? well then.. im no knowing what to do. The line from the PCV sits right up top, so its hard to find a place to tee it off and hide it. what the hell am i gonna do?

FAILED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried the plug the PCV thing.. yea it lowered my CO but my NOX went up again.......WWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF?!?!?!??!?!?!?

I should just sell tis peice of shit! im tired of it!!1

Back