omfg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nice! But there's NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL I'd pay $15K for an '89 hatch- I don't care what's done to it! And the reserve isn't met at $15K. This guy is dreaming!

Personally, if he gets $10K for it, he'd be lucky. Not worth the money, IMO.

I don't mean to go against the grain but if you take into all the parts, labor, tuning, etc.. for some reason I see it as something not so bad.

Buddy of mine spent well over 50k including the car to get low 11 sec passes and the car was built by John Brown - and yes I told the kid he was getting ripped off.

But if you take into account the cost of a used CRX and to get all the inside work, fuel cell, electronics, motor work, tranny work, turbo modifications, etc..

I mean 15k for a 9 sec car isn't sooo bad, I have see much much worse,

the same kid that I mentioned above offered to sell me his 11 sec turbo EG for 10k and for an extra 1k he would throw in the trailer, spare parts, and slicks.

BUT - I do see where all of you are coming from :)

I mean from a daily driven perspect - 89 car for 15k,,,wtf...I know I know..

be nice to see some proof of the posted numbers though- it's hard to believe catastrophic numbers otherwise-

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 7 2004, 08:13 PM
there;s no way that car went 9's.

there's no way that car went low 10's.

I agree. No way that guy did 9's. The car is basicly stock on the outside. To run 9's, you basicly have to run a tube chassis on a honda.

No dyno, shitty ass manifold, no engine specs, I am sure that he isn't runing even 11's.

Edit, on top of that, no way he would be allowed to run on a dragstrip with no rollbar doing 9's and 10's.

once again.....

20000 veiws....

and 0 bids....

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

:werd: It isn't even that special I think. GSR Turbo with some goodies.

You'd t hink it would have all the spec's on the engine build, turbo build, what kind of setup of everything, dyno sheets, and stuff, not just a rev hard kit and a honda throttle body......

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 7 2004, 07:23 PM
no way he would be allowed to run on a dragstrip with no rollbar doing 9's and 10's.

On some race tracks, if you give your ET higher than it really is, sometimes you can get away with that. For examle, the track near me mandates you wear a helmet if you break into the 13s. My friend gave his ET as 14.something & was running 13s all night w/o any of the track staff telling him he had to wear a helmet.

Perhaps he gave his ET at a higher number & only ran it once or twice?? Or, most likely, he's full of shit.

If it really is a Chris Rado built car, then you're talking about something of some added value.

I know, I know.. Chris who? Well consider this,

A 1968 Camaro can be had for $4000. One built to very nice spec can be had for about $10,000. One built to the same specs, but carrying the Yenko (Yenko being a tuner shop) will sell for upwards of 60-80k.

In 20 years, Names like Rado, Ten, Hastings.. All of those may be selling for quite a bit. Tommy Kaira is a good example.

In 20 or so years, "Airjockie" may net an extra $10 to the value too :)

-> Steve

theres no way the car is even making 600 hp. the turbo he's running can only support 450, looks like a basic b16 with a turbo kit and i dont think any honda can boost 30lbs. if im not mistaken, even with a GM 3-bar map, you can only boost maximum of like 24lbs or something like that right?. the car is nothing special. theres no way the car runs 9's. theres has been a discussion about this car on h-t for like 2 weeks. many good points as to why the car is BS.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=783322

Back