OMFG!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A bit of a threadjack here

having played and finished FFI-X-2 I have a personal preference for VI, but thats an at the time preference. Replaying the rerelease that square did for the PS didn't recaptue how great the groundbreaking rpg was at the time. I will say though that Xenogears has probably been my alltime favorite rpg, even taking into consideration the rushed ending. I think that post VI final fantasy games have been pretty awesome, but have slowly but surely losing what made me enjoy them in the first place. I have trouble putting what the series has lost to words, but it just isnt the same.
Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts 2 would definitly make it into my top five non strategy, turned based rpgs too. I'd definitly suggest them to anybody who likes rpgs.

That said I wonder exactly how much input Peter Chung has had with the movies direction.

Originally posted by Lshatch916+Aug 15 2005, 07:47 PM-->
Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 15 2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Havok@Aug 15 2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 15 2005, 08:25 PM
Silverchild79
@Aug 15 2005, 07:12 PM
Bah you guys and your FF VII, FF IV is king!
[post=540526]Quoted post[/post]​

uhhhh...

I never played FF4. Didn't play 7 either. But Xenogears is better than all of them.
[post=540536]Quoted post[/post]​

How are you going to say Xenogears is better than 2 games you never fucking played? Asshat.

Chrono Trigger = best RPG ever, hands down. You're free to argue with me, but you're wrong.
[post=540543]Quoted post[/post]​

I should correct myself - PLAYED, didn't finish. I enjoyed Xenogears a lot more. And arguing with you about Chrono Trigger would be counter-intuitive, because yes, it is the best RPG ever made.
[post=540544]Quoted post[/post]​

i swear your always talking before for u think idiot. i have never played chrono tigger but i have always heard good things about it. I love the ff series it would be hard for me to say that there a better rpg than ff, but i have played xenogear :ghey: i didnt care for it. does anyone know a good place to get a good emulator and games??
[post=540548]Quoted post[/post]​

It happens to everybody sometimes. Get off my nuts, jerkwater. Xenogears was probably beyond your comprehension anyway.

Originally posted by Lshatch916+Aug 15 2005, 09:31 PM-->
Silverchild79
@Aug 15 2005, 06:12 PM

:werd: i will be @ the movies for this one... and i wanna hump charlize theron
[post=540541]Quoted post[/post]​

She looks like my mom. Well, maybe 20 years ago, but seeing how my mom will be 60 this month you get the picture.

Check out the previews - She's got a splotchy chest, flat chest.. Round face. Not Æon that I know.

-> steve

Originally posted by Guy@Aug 15 2005, 07:50 PM
A bit of a threadjack here

having played and finished FFI-X-2 I have a personal preference for VI, but thats an at the time preference. Replaying the rerelease that square did for the PS didn't recaptue how great the groundbreaking rpg was at the time. I will say though that Xenogears has probably been my alltime favorite rpg, even taking into consideration the rushed ending. I think that post VI final fantasy games have been pretty awesome, but have slowly but surely losing what made me enjoy them in the first place. I have trouble putting what the series has lost to words, but it just isnt the same.
Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts 2 would definitly make it into my top five non strategy, turned based rpgs too. I'd definitly suggest them to anybody who likes rpgs.

That said I wonder exactly how much input Peter Chung has had with the movies direction.
[post=540550]Quoted post[/post]​

The ending was rather rushed, but the overall experience more than makes up for it. It took me 70 hours to get through it the first time, and that wasn't even doing everything. It's just a satisfying game.

The Shadow Hearts games were also excellent.

The problem was it released at the same time as chrono cross, so all the chrono trigger fans went out and spent all their money on that, only to be promptly disappointed.

It was a good game, but sadly overlooked.

Short of chrono cross, I still can't think of any RPG I've enjoyed more than Xenogears.

in the Liquid Television shows when they played AEON FLUX, didnt AEON FLUX die in every episode at the end? lol. i cant remember cause its been so long since ive seen it.

dragon warrior owns all your dumbass rpgs!1!1!!

and this movie looks like shit

thanks drive through

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Aug 16 2005, 09:19 AM
in the Liquid Television shows when they played AEON FLUX, didnt AEON FLUX die in every episode at the end? lol. i cant remember cause its been so long since ive seen it.
[post=540673]Quoted post[/post]​

I've watched most of the episodes within the past 2 years, and i dont think she died in any of them.
Perhaps your confusing South Park and Aeon flux?

She dies in the last episode. Monica blows her up because she's on the sinking building. She winds up going to heaven, I guess, where she sits on a chair getting her toes licked.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Aug 15 2005, 07:12 PM

i'm with stupid here. the story was best... 7 everyone fell in love with aeris... however, i still adore the fourth.

Back