omg i'm buying a dell!!!111

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FWIW Going back to the first page my Lenovo weighs a freaking ton and its slow as shit. I don't know if all my company's protective software is slowing it down but my 6+ year old desk top is faster than that thing. I have a t60 that is about a year old.

hrm not wanting to threadjack but sounds like u have some issues on that thar laptop..that's not standard performance :(

as for the vid cad, yes... I know i need a cable. i didn't see one i liked, so i was planning to go hit up radio shack or something, or even call crutcfiled and see if there's a monster cable for it.
which is also why i wanted to get the little better video card. While i'm not a gamer, i'm sure i will be watching a movie in the top right corner while i have hondaswap on the left, out look in the middle and 3423432 other things running too :D i figured the extra strength vid card would come in handy with the more demanding video card.

Well it might be worth it then.

hrm not wanting to threadjack but sounds like u have some issues on that thar laptop..that's not standard performance :(

Who knows I have to enter in like 10 passwords to get online. It might be software related.

The dell deal I can get at work....

Dell Inspiron 530 Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6700 (4MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB) edit
Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate edit
TV Tuners & Remote Controls None edit
Memory 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs edit
Hard Drives 320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢ edit
Optical Drive Dual Drives: 48X CDRW/DVD COMBO Drive + 16X DVD+/-RW Drive edit
Enhanced Software for CD or DVD Burner None edit
Floppy Drive and Media Reader 13 in 1 Media Card Reader with Bluetooth wireless edit
Monitor 24 inch UltraSharpâ„¢ 2407WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel edit
Video Cards 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT-DDR3 edit
Sound Cards Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio edit
Speakers Dell AS501 10W Flat Panel Attached Spkrs for UltraSharpâ„¢ Flat Panels edit
Keyboard and Mouse Bundles Dell Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse edit
Mouse Mouse included with Keyboard purchase edit
Optional Ports None edit
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft® Office Small Business 2007-includes Publisher + Outlook2007 edit
Security Software No Security Subscription (30-day trial) edit
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 8.1 edit
Internet Access Service 6 Months of America Online Membership Included edit
Modem and Wireless 56K PCI Data Fax Modem edit
Dell Digital Entertainment Yahoo! Music Jukebox - Music Player edit
Network Interface Integrated 10/100 Ethernet edit
Environmental Options None edit
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 3Yr In-Home Service, Parts + Labor, 24x7 Phone Support edit
Storage Devices and Media None edit
Other Utilities None edit
Digital Still Cameras and Camcorders None edit
External Hard Drives None edit
Family Security and Utilities None edit
Configure Your Own Solution None edit
Security and Utility Software None edit
Desktop Essentials None edit
Finance and Personal Improvement None edit
Education None edit
Gaming Software None edit
File Transfer & Migration Software None edit
Accessories For Your Dell None edit
External One Touch Hard Drive None edit
Internet Phone/Voice over IP (VoIP) None edit
Webcams None edit
Game Controllers and Specialized I/O None edit
Dell Printer Driver None edit
Wireless Broadband Routers None edit
Power None edit
Headphones None edit
Surge Protectors - Protect Your Investment APC Back-UPS ES 500 - Battery Backup edit
Wireless Network Adapters None edit
Headphones None edit
KVM None edit
Networking Cables None edit
Dell Printers Dell Photo All In One Printer 926 with 1 Yr Advanced Exchange edit
Digital Media Editing Software Yahoo! Music Jukebox - Music Player edit
Datasafe Free 3GB DataSafe Online Backup for 1 Year edit
Additional System Options USB Printer Cable edit

Inspiron 530

$2,961.98
From $2,961.98

my price
$2,325.29

and also...

Welcome to The UTC Spring Purchase Program! Purchase one of the UTC Special Offers through Oct 26th and receive FREE 3-5 day Ground Shipping. Each UTC Special Offer includes a Dell A926 laser printer and printer cable included in the price. Please note that you can remove the printer for a savings of $60 and the cable for $5.

and...

If you do not wish to purhase on UTC Special Offer you can also receive up to a 12% discount off Dell list prices on Dimension desktops and Inspiron notebooks. This Purchase Program also offers the same promotions (free upgrades, etc.) that are offered on Learn about Dell's notebooks, desktops, monitors, printers plus computer electronics & accessories. Home and Home Office website.

i've honeslty thought about just ripping out my old dvd writer from my old tower (2 computers ago). its IDE, but whatever... i don't burn too much. I can always get a SATA down the line. either way, its 30 bucks. its a moot 1% at this point. lol
the do make adapter cards for sata to ide and believe vice versa as well.

the HP sucks. can't config it how i want to. makes me buy crap i don't want or need.
the dell coupon is for crap dimension and inspiron. no way.
thanks though.

as for the sata to ide... the MB i have above has an IDE bank on it already... no conversion would need to take place.

wooo. Joe for the comcast coupons FTW. too bad I no longer have access.
I just seem to dislike computer companies unless I'm looking for a laptop or the cheapest desktop on the market.

I say IBM, because if you take HAL (the killer computer) and advance each letter one what do ya get. Too bad their expensive.

Have you ever consider just setting up a cluster?

what could he be doing that would merit that?

i never said it had to be a big one. Just link up a few. I know it is a tad bit outlandish though, and may prove to be more of a bother.
It just has an ability to handle a lot more processing, and sometimes with computing i go for overkill. I just don't know how well to incorporate them into a windows environment.
A random suggestion never hurt, then again sometimes it has.

i don't know wtf i'm doing. all i know is that my laptop shut off on me again yesterday and its about to end up in the river

Back