1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

omg please help

Discussion in 'Accord' started by dropdead, May 13, 2011.

1. dropdead

dropdead New Member

i havent had any problems with my accord until about 3 weeks ago. it started hesitating while driving. when i am going about 40mph or between 2-3 rpm it starts acting like it dont wanna go.. like its not getting gas. it has gradually gotten worse.. i have tried fuel injector cleaner hoping that may work.. but nothing. i was thinking it could be the fuel filter being clogged up but i wanted some advice before i start spending money.. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

a little about the car- 96 2.2L non vtec, check engine light is on due to the o2 sensors not being hooked up (they havent been hooked up in at least 2 yrs and the car has NEVER had any problems like this before)
    anything you wanna know in specific about the car to help you help me.. then just ask and i will gladly tell you.

2. eman13

eman13 New Member

dude check your wires,spark plugs,cap and rotor

3. Ichigo1174

Ichigo1174 Member

My Civic did this than I replaced the fuel filter and problem solved. It was a $13 part for me, I would imagine that 15 (+/-$5) isn't that bad considering that it should be done routinely just to keep up with your vehicle's health.

4. dropdead

dropdead New Member

Gonna do all this tomorrow. I hope its not something more besides the fuel filter. I think Im gonna clean the egr valve too. I was told it could be clogged up.

Thanks!

5. dropdead

dropdead New Member

Gonna do all this tomorrow. I hope its not something more besides the fuel filter. I think Im gonna clean the egr valve too. I was told it could be clogged up.

Thanks!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted