omg please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dropdead

i havent had any problems with my accord until about 3 weeks ago. it started hesitating while driving. when i am going about 40mph or between 2-3 rpm it starts acting like it dont wanna go.. like its not getting gas. it has gradually gotten worse.. i have tried fuel injector cleaner hoping that may work.. but nothing. i was thinking it could be the fuel filter being clogged up but i wanted some advice before i start spending money.. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

a little about the car- 96 2.2L non vtec, check engine light is on due to the o2 sensors not being hooked up (they havent been hooked up in at least 2 yrs and the car has NEVER had any problems like this before)
anything you wanna know in specific about the car to help you help me.. then just ask and i will gladly tell you.

My Civic did this than I replaced the fuel filter and problem solved. It was a $13 part for me, I would imagine that 15 (+/-$5) isn't that bad considering that it should be done routinely just to keep up with your vehicle's health.

Gonna do all this tomorrow. I hope its not something more besides the fuel filter. I think Im gonna clean the egr valve too. I was told it could be clogged up.

Thanks!

Gonna do all this tomorrow. I hope its not something more besides the fuel filter. I think Im gonna clean the egr valve too. I was told it could be clogged up.

Thanks!

Back