Omni Coilover package with LCA!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DravenVX

Okay i have been checking out this Omni Coilover set with some lower control arms as a package and i just wanted to know if these are worth the $1000 price tag with the lca or should i go for something better like the buddy club ones and just buy the omni lower control arms seperate! Btw i want a very good adjustable coilover suspension for the street and occasional track use and so forth. Will these be able to take so abuse?
here is the link to the site that is selling them... Keep in mind that is $1000 Canadian not US!

http://optionjdm.com/mfg-subcat-item.asp?C...&scid=31&mid=-1

just scroll down the page and check out the Omni LCA's with coilovers package!

thanks guys!

Has anyone actually used the omni coilovers and if so then could you comment on how good they are. Is there a good set of coilovers that i can find for around $1000-1200 Canadian and who else makes really good LCAs?? thanks

Check out Ground Control coilovers coupled w/ Koni yellows or Tokico Illumina's. It may be more than 1000 - 1200 Canadian though. As far as LCA's are concerned I dont know much but I would imagine Eibach is top quality.

Quoted post[/post]]
Check out Ground Control coilovers coupled w/ Koni yellows or Tokico Illumina's. It may be more than 1000 - 1200 Canadian though. As far as LCA's are concerned I dont know much but I would imagine Eibach is top quality.

would people please get off the gc/koni bandwagon.

omni power is basically the same as d2.

omni is non adjustable or i think their new ones are 4 way but not the ones you picked.

i thought what i recommended was a good choice but if you have to have some bling lca then go with omni

personally i have gsr lca's with tanabe sustec coilovers, es bushings and im pretty happy.

what ever you do, make sure they are a new gen of the onmi's.... the old ones had issues breaking in half...

I don't care about blink, i want a setup that will be able to take corners like i am running from the police(that's a joke btw)on a daily basis and not sag or start to crack or break!

Whats this about coilovers breaking in half, that is something i want to avoid!

Basically, the Gen1 Omni coilovers for Civic/Integra had a problem where the front shock body would shear off where it mounts to that fork thingy. Loads on the body were too much for the metal they used, so your front shocks would shear off and you wouldn't have a front suspension. Especially bad if you were driving on the highway.

Stick with D2's, Tanabe, Tein, Progress and KW if you have the cash for full-coilovers and need the adjustability. If you don't need it -, Koni/KYB/Tokico + Eibach/Neuspeed/Tein should work well enough. I'm running KYB's and Eibachs and I love them. Though I do plan on switching over to a set of D2s this spring.

DravenVX

Wow....a new Canadian boy! Welcome, welcome...

Anyways, I went through the whole coilover mess last year and ended up getting a set of TEIN super street dampers for around $1200 from www.jrponline.com. JRP is a company just outside of Toronto and everything is in Canadian funds (for once).

The Omni's, from what I've heard from the guys out in Shannonville, are alright. BUT, I'd just kick in some extra and go for the SS's. Espcially if you're like me and drive your Civic daily. I'd fucking kill myself if I didn't have ride stiffness control. Seriously!

Anyways, if you want pics of my setup, let me know, and if you're interested in the TEIN's (JRP is a TEIN Dealer), the webmaster for e-mail questions is Steve Rodrigues, tell him that Ryan Whyte referred you....and that I say hello. He'll hook you up.

Quoted post[/post]]
DravenVX

Wow....a new Canadian boy! Welcome, welcome...

Anyways, I went through the whole coilover mess last year and ended up getting a set of TEIN super street dampers for around $1200 from www.jrponline.com. JRP is a company just outside of Toronto and everything is in Canadian funds (for once).

The Omni's, from what I've heard from the guys out in Shannonville, are alright. BUT, I'd just kick in some extra and go for the SS's. Espcially if you're like me and drive your Civic daily. I'd fucking kill myself if I didn't have ride stiffness control. Seriously!

Anyways, if you want pics of my setup, let me know, and if you're interested in the TEIN's (JRP is a TEIN Dealer), the webmaster for e-mail questions is Steve Rodrigues, tell him that Ryan Whyte referred you....and that I say hello. He'll hook you up.

It's nice to find another Canadian on the board, especially in TO, thats not too far from where i am :) ! The $1200 you mentioned for the tein coilovers doesnt sound too bad actually and since the dealer is within reasonable driving distance i am gonna go down there and check em out after my car comes out of storage in March! Thanks for the info.

Ps...PM me some pics of ur setup if you could! thanks

Back