omni map sensor, tune?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pooksy64

RidetilldeathdousparT
Ive seen the Omni 4bar map sensor on inlinefour.com. when tuning with this map sensor has anyone used a fuel map tuner such as the Apexi SAFC? :confused:Can you use a piggyback ecu to run the right A/F ratio. Or would it just be suggested to run a stand alone? im only going to be running @ 14psi max.

i know the inexpesive way to block the stock map sensor w/ the missing link to be able to run positive psi(boost) but will only get you so far untill further runing is required

why do you want a 4 bar map for 14psi? just get a 3bar amp and a chipped ecu have it tuned and done!

i kno going for a 4 bar is not needed. but just a general ? about a positive psi map sensor. where do most ppl send off the ECU to get it tuned. if so when u add a SAFC can u still make changes to the chipped ECU?

Just get a hondata s100 and have it tuned. No piggy back crap

you need to have software that can program for the map sensor.

maps are 0-5volts whether is a 2,3, or 4 bar.
thus, you need to set the tuning software for the correct map, as 2.5 volts on a 2 bar is a FAR different reading than 2.5 volts on a 4 bar.

If you're chipped, ditch the SAFC. it will only cause problems. let the chip do the tuning.

All over the place.

If your ECU is already tuned, just have someone tune it with CROME, Uberdata, Neptune, ECtune, etc.

Just a note, I ditched my Omni 4 bar because the parameters for that map sensor aren't correct. Not even the ones posted on their website. I'm still pissed off about that..

id rather tune it myself then use crome. ive tuned NA engines off of SCT & SAFC piggyback. but this is the 1st time stepping into forced induction on a honda motor. my supra was different compared to this. but same concept of tuning for added air

you're only asking for trouble with the safc. you'll make FAR more power with a tune program, and it will be a LOT safer.

the vafc-hack is 2002 technology and is deprecated at this point.

so basically with these tunes(hondata s100, crome). send the ECU off get it tuned to ur type of turbo set up. what about changes to the set up? if ur decide to change it up down the road, will the comp adapt? ex : bigger turbo, wanting to run higher boost, or rebuilding head cam profiles. i kno these are noob types of questions, ive done other builds just not na engine being boosted

Last edited:
get a laptop, a wideband, and an ostrich and download crome.

maotes.net for your various chips and such
tunewithcrome.com for the software.

you will need to re-tune for every change you make.

Back