Omni power rear lca (lower control arms)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

Aftermarket lca's kind of worry me as they take the brunt of the force in the suspension setup and an inferior part could cause serious damage

anyone know about the omni powers?
are they any good?
anyone know of reasons to avoid them?

what is comperable and what is better?

I am not going to convert to type R either

thanks

SSR are really big ones. Megan racings actual metal part of the LCA is decent but the bushings suck and tend to fall apart real quick.

Haven't heard anythign about the omnis, however, there coilovers are cheap and have gotten TONS of GREAT reviews. Everyone says they are top notch quality.

dont get the megan's, the bushings are ass-cock. theyre not even the correct width at the strut fork mount.

:werd:

I've heard a few good things about the OmniPower control arms, and TONS of good things about the SSRs.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 17 2005, 10:21 PM

I've heard a few good things about the OmniPower control arms, and TONS of good things about the SSRs.
[post=475092]Quoted post[/post]​

do you guys mean "SRR"?
sorry to be a prick about one letter but just wanted to make sure

do you guys know if these will still work fine with a stock GSR swaybar and the oem endlinks
seams like it could be a problem seeing as the mounting point is relocated to the middle of the arm instead of the top
and I suppose new hardware would be needed to connect the stock swaybar

back the the SRR's or SSR's they run about $220 don't they?
the omni's are $120 which is attractive
but not if they are pieces of crap

And what's wrong with the stock ones?

IMO, just get yourself some ES bushings, and and save the money for elsewhere on your car. Hell add the extra $120-200 on a good set of tires that will make a 100 times more difference than the LCAs.

But OmniPower apparently is one of the old Skunk2 guys out on his own, so I have heard nothing but good about there products.

if you want lighter weight and extra bling i say go for the function-7s(they cost more but looks more "high tech":) )

f7itrlca-01.jpg

f7lca-01.jpg

Originally posted by seanjuan+Mar 17 2005, 11:14 PM-->
do you guys mean "SRR"?
sorry to be a prick about one letter but just wanted to make sure

do you guys know if these will still work fine with a stock GSR swaybar and the oem endlinks
seams like it could be a problem seeing as the mounting point is relocated to the middle of the arm instead of the top
and I suppose new hardware would be needed to connect the stock swaybar

back the the SRR's or SSR's they run about $220 don't they?
the omni's are $120 which is attractive
but not if they are pieces of crap
[post=475153]Quoted post[/post]​

My mistake- SRR makes the suspension parts, SSR is a totally separate company that makes badass wheels. It's easy to get them confused. :)

No clue about the mounting points for the sway bar- just compare to what you have right now, or give them a call and talk to someone in the tech support department directly.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 18 2005, 12:44 AM
And what's wrong with the stock ones?

IMO, just get yourself some ES bushings, and and save the money for elsewhere on your car. Hell add the extra $120-200 on a good set of tires that will make a 100 times more difference than the LCAs.

But OmniPower apparently is one of the old Skunk2 guys out on his own, so I have heard nothing but good about there products.
[post=475212]Quoted post[/post]​

The stock ones are fine too. They are a little heavy, but they're not a part that I'm even thinking of replacing for quite some time.

I've also heard that OmniPower is a Skunk2 guy- and haven't heard anything but good about Omni's parts.

K2e2vin
@Mar 18 2005, 01:59 AM
if you want lighter weight and extra bling i say go for the function-7s(they cost more but looks more "high tech":) )
[post=475236]Quoted post[/post]​

Those look cool- but I've never heard of that company before. How much do those run?

mike, if I remember right, the function 7's are very expensive. I was looking into them a while ago since they are the only ones that sell aftermarket ITR LCA's, but couldn't see myself forking over that much cash. They were over 200 if I remember correctly.

i'm really debating picking up the onmi powers for the hatch.

they are cheap, and they have great spring rates (12/10 on the sport model... kills the 8/6 of the tein ha :) )

i think im buying a set tonight. and the lca's for a hundred ten bucks more... might as well... i probably need new bushings anyway- save the hassel of pressing in new ones :)

who makes those for crxs'? i'm changing mine so i might buy a pair ????

Originally posted by asmallsol+Mar 18 2005, 09:45 AM-->
mike, if I remember right, the function 7's are very expensive. I was looking into them a while ago since they are the only ones that sell aftermarket ITR LCA's, but couldn't see myself forking over that much cash. They were over 200 if I remember correctly.
[post=475302]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, considering that the SRRs are over $200, that's not too bad.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 18 2005, 09:47 AM
i'm really debating picking up the onmi powers for the hatch.

they are cheap, and they have great spring rates (12/10 on the sport model... kills the 8/6 of the tein ha :) )

i think im buying a set tonight. and the lca's for a hundred ten bucks more... might as well... i probably need new bushings anyway- save the hassel of pressing in new ones :)
[post=475303]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah- I've recommended the Omnis to quite a few people. The only problem with them is that you can't change the damping rate- but if it's set up properly (I assume it is) you won't need to.

formby
@Mar 18 2005, 09:59 AM
who makes those for crxs'? i'm changing mine so i might buy a pair ????
[post=475306]Quoted post[/post]​

:shrug2:

hrm, i didin't realize that they were non-adjustable.

there goes that idea.

back to the drawing board......

Yup, non-adjustable damping. I almost never screw with mine though, and seriously- as long as the damping matches the spring rate correctly, you won't ever feel a need to change it.

i hear ya- its not about changing it all the time, but if its not where i want it when it comes out the box, i'm screwed. lol

I just installed my Omni Power lca's yesturday, mostly cause my stock ones had bad bushings and I wanted sway bar holes. They were 107 shipped with is awesome. So I give Omni man a plus for another qualtiy low price product

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 18 2005, 01:26 PM
i hear ya- its not about changing it all the time, but if its not where i want it when it comes out the box, i'm screwed. lol
[post=475438]Quoted post[/post]​

Very true. I guess the only way to tell is to take a ride in someone's car who has them.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 18 2005, 07:44 PM
Yup, non-adjustable damping. I almost never screw with mine though, and seriously- as long as the damping matches the spring rate correctly, you won't ever feel a need to change it.
[post=475410]Quoted post[/post]​

Yip, once I got mine set to my liking, I haven't touched em.

Back