Omni power rear lca (lower control arms)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the function7s cost like $200 for the regular kinds, and about ~$260 for Type-R style.

I have no problem with the stock lca's but I don't have a set with mount points for a sway bar so my options are to either buy a new or used set of stock lca's or go with aftermarket

new stockers will run over 100 and used ones will probably need new bushings anyway and all of a sudden it doesn't make much sense

I like the look of those function 7's because they have the correct mount location for the swaybar. the only other company that retains that point is SPC and their lca's are over 200 as well. I believe the SPC's are shorter than stock also and so you have to pretty much buy the upper adjustable piece from them to correct your camber because of the shorter lca

I'm going to lookin to those function 7's some more, but otherwise it will probably be omni power

so I just checked out the function7's and they are definately the way to go in my opinion. they maintain the factory mounting point for the swaybar and they use Energy suspension bushings and all the metal on them is fully corrosion treated high quality Al (7051 I think the site said)

the company itself is selling them on ebay for $210 shipped so that is 100 more than the omni's but if you ever needed to replace a bushing ever you could just order some up for ES

anyway, i guess I just need to find out if I can swing the 210 instead of 110

anyone know anywhere i can get function7 control arms ?
checked ebay and did a searh but cant find anyone who supplys them ?

Originally posted by seanjuan@Mar 20 2005, 12:11 AM
so I just checked out the function7's and they are definately the way to go in my opinion. they maintain the factory mounting point for the swaybar and they use Energy suspension bushings and all the metal on them is fully corrosion treated high quality Al (7051 I think the site said)

the company itself is selling them on ebay for $210 shipped so that is 100 more than the omni's but if you ever needed to replace a bushing ever you could just order some up for ES

anyway, i guess I just need to find out if I can swing the 210 instead of 110
[post=475823]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by seanjuan@Mar 18 2005, 12:47 AM
anyone know about the omni powers?
are they any good?
anyone know of reasons to avoid them?

[post=474957]Quoted post[/post]​

I am currently using the Omni Coilovers and i got a good deal also, as i got the fr/r camber kits as an package deal for far less than you would for most basic Coilovers. They work very well and are pretty stiff just the way i like them. But be warned this kit is a short stroke kit, and its intened for use on 15" rims so If you have 18" rims like I have you will run into issues such as the rear tire sidewall rubbing on the fender. The cure for that is to use SPC Performance kit 60065 to cure that tire rubbing alignment issues.

Originally posted by BLKSI00@Mar 20 2005, 08:15 AM
I am currently using the Omni Coilovers and i got a good deal also, as i got the fr/r camber kits as an package deal for far less than you would for most basic Coilovers. They work very well and are pretty stiff just the way i like them. But be warned this kit is a short stroke kit, and its intened for use on 15" rims so If you have 18" rims like I have you will run into issues such as the rear tire sidewall rubbing on the fender. The cure for that is to use SPC Performance kit 60065 to cure that tire rubbing alignment issues

I guess I don't know exactly what you're talking about with the "short stroke" all I'm interested in is the rear LCA's. are you saying that the rear lca's are shorter than stock arms?

Originally posted by seanjuan@Mar 20 2005, 04:51 PM
I guess I don't know exactly what you're talking about with the "short stroke" all I'm interested in is the rear LCA's. are you saying that the rear lca's are shorter than stock arms?
[post=476181]Quoted post[/post]​

He wasn't talking about the LCAs.... the "short stroke" coilovers basically make the shock body shorter for lowered applications. You get more suspension travel because you have a shock body and shaft that match each other better, rather than a really long shock body and short shaft (like when you lower on stock shocks)- but the drawback is that you can't keep the car at the stock height (shocks not long enough). It's got nothing to do with the LCAs.

holy crap!

Function7 Honda Civic 92-95(EG)Alloy Lower Control arms

New Function7 Honda Civic 92-95(EG)Alloy Lower Control arms PayPal Buyer Protection Program
$199.99Buy It Now

Function7 Integra Type-R JDM Billet Lower Control Arms

New Function7 Integra Type-R JDM Billet Lower Control Arms PayPal Buyer Protection Program
Install Type-R struts on your 92-95 Civic/94-01 Integra
$274.99Buy It Now

75 more bucks for a simpler design lca? lol

Originally posted by Calesta+Mar 20 2005, 06:43 PM-->
@Mar 20 2005, 04:51 PM
[post=476181]Quoted post[/post]​

He wasn't talking about the LCAs.... the "short stroke" coilovers basically make the shock body shorter for lowered applications. You get more suspension travel because you have a shock body and shaft that match each other better, rather than a really long shock body and short shaft (like when you lower on stock shocks)- but the drawback is that you can't keep the car at the stock height (shocks not long enough). It's got nothing to do with the LCAs.
[post=476207]Quoted post[/post]​

that is why it confused me because this post was supposed to be about lower control arms and not about shocks... had it been about shocks then I would have understood what he was talking about.....

on a different note
"75 more bucks for a simpler design lca? lol"

I don't see how the typeR lca is a simpler design, I supose it has one less bushing but there is more material and more structural analysis required to make the typeR setup work.... could be wrong on that though

the only difference really is that the itrs have a hole and the shock goes inside, and eg lca's are sold and grab on the outside...

add a hole for a sway mount...

i dont see the price difference... but hey, it has an R in it... and after R comes $ :)

the design isnt more simple for the type r. its a lot more complex to make. especially sice its made from one piece of metal, not welded together.

I agree, I think I'm still missing what you are trying to get at Brian

since the OEM typeR's are stamped that makes them pretty simple, but with solid billet alluminum I think it is more difficult

:shrug2:

i guess... i just don't see what warrants them being 75 bucks more.

yeah, it might have taken a little while longer to make the mold, but i mean, come on. i don't get it.

The ITR ones obvously cost more to make. They have to start with a larger chunk when they CNC it and it has more cuts to make the finished product hence $75 more. What is wrong with stock LCAs anyways? I would ratehr use iron or steel LCAs that will bend in a large impact rather than aluminum that will snap off *shrug*

nothing is wrong with the stock LCA's as has been stated multiple times in this thread.... unless the ones on your car don't have swaybar mount points and it will cost over $100 to get OEM ones that do

at any rate, I have been e-mailing the guys at Function7 (Adrian Teo) about the arms. If I haven't mentioned it before they maintain stock geometry 100%, which I think is a big plus

he also told me that they offer a "racer" discount because I mentioned that I Auto-x frequently. he just sent me an invoice for $160 shipped. the downside is that they want you to sport two 8"x1.5" Function7 stickers on your car to advertise. but it seems like it is worth it for $50

no kidding- A Teo is one of the fore-fathers of hybrid.honda-perf.org

Back