On a lighter note, Shadowrun meet reality

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by B16+Apr 14 2004, 05:55 PM-->
@Apr 14 2004, 08:54 AM
Damn, and I am still struggling with a VAFC.

still??? :lol:

Haha, I'm getting a handle on it.

On topic though, eventually it seems sciences goal is to replace humans with machines. It seems like yes it benefits, but where is the human condition that inspires us going to be when everything we do is a digital signal?

agreed- I think it's great that we're going to be able to possibly give mobility to someone who is paralyzed, but in the same sense, i can see this becoming a means for lazy people all over the world to no longer need to walk under their own power-

True, but how cool would 2 gigs of RAM in your head be??

On topic though, eventually it seems sciences goal is to replace humans with machines. It seems like yes it benefits, but where is the human condition that inspires us going to be when everything we do is a digital signal?

Technically your already are a digital signal. The neurons in your head are either on or off, no inbetween.

yeah i def. agree- it's absolutely cool as fuck and i'm completely blown away that we can even do that at this point! and i hope that it helps tons of paralyzed people

Back