On right now-Gangland:In the Military

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
On the History Channel. This is one of my favorite shows and this particular one hits home with a lot more than the normal show.

The part that got me was that they have identified Norteno, Sureno, MS13, Gangster Disciple, and Vice Lord graffiti in IRAQ!

Crazy shit.

Last edited:
dont prisioners have the option of joining the military rather than serve time?

damn i missed the show...

9:08 pm : Blanco is working on car
9:09 pm : Blanco stops, drops the wrench, his head extends up, fully attentive
9:09 pm : Slushboxteggy hits "Submit"

9:15 pm (somewhere in california, a car is doing 120mph down the highway)

10:00: Blanco begins to boot PC

10:55 : 25 copies of Internet Explorer open at once

10:59 : Pulse 150 bpm, hair standing straight up on end, Blanco hits "Submit"

lol.

I wish I was watching it. I'll have to dvr it. My best friend is over right now. It's pretty intense. He killed a dog yesterday.

that's gross you tall bastard.

Mine hits about 185 when doing cardio.

lol.

I wish I was watching it. I'll have to dvr it. My best friend is over right now. It's pretty intense. He killed a dog yesterday.
I have a few friends over there. It just sucks that like the show claimed, the 1% of the military that is gang related is making it all look bad. Not to mention making us look bad by tagging up other countries like jackasses.

Since Saddam fell, graffiti isn't punishible by death - so most of the graf is by iraqi's.

Since Saddam fell, graffiti isn't punishible by death - so most of the graf is by iraqi's.
See if you can catch the show on a re-run. Like my first post said, American gang graffiti is being found in Iraq. Towards the end of the show they actually showed a Norteno tag that was crossed out and replaced with a Sureno one.

maybe they should be quartered and hanged.
It's not illegal to be in a gang. 1st amendment.

But I do believe stricter checks need to be made and the throwing of gang signs or gang graffiti should be instant grounds for dishonorable discharge.

I wasn't saying that the gang graf is by Iraqis - I was saying that we're not the only ones tagging up the cities.

I wasn't saying that the gang graf is by Iraqis - I was saying that we're not the only ones tagging up the cities.
I don't doubt that. But as much as I'm not really sure why were still there, I know tagging up their communities is not it.

Our military fails us. The army should beat the gang out of them. They have a new gang now, its the army. They should have enough discipline not to vandalize. That shit is illegal and creates an even worse image of u.s. Militants.

Our military fails us. The army should beat the gang out of them. They have a new gang now, its the army. They should have enough discipline not to vandalize. That shit is illegal and creates an even worse image of u.s. Militants.
Just as they said in the show, you can't prevent a gang member from joining the military. And when it boils down to it, basic isn't going to reverse the thinking they have had for at least a decade.

Just as they said in the show, you can't prevent a gang member from joining the military. And when it boils down to it, basic isn't going to reverse the thinking they have had for at least a decade.
then our military fails us. they are supposed to break you down into nothing and mold you into what the military needs. if you beat someone bad enough, they will change their ways. i haven't seen it yet, but it pisses me off that there is scum out there doing shit like that. even worse we allow it into our government.

Word. 10+ years of all day, every day gangbanging > Two months of basic.

It's just not a competition. The brainwashing that goes into gang membership is stronger than anything the military can dish out to its own. Do you have to get your ass royally kicked by 5-10 of the biggest, toughest, and highest ranking officers? No. How a blood in/blood out policy? Nope, you can walk away from the military free and clear after your enlistment is up. Walk away from a gang and you end up laying in a gutter.
then keep the gangbangers out of MY military. if you are going to break the law (which vandalism is) you shouldn't be in the military. yes, i understand they use the military to get out of the gangs, but by god damn you better follow the law.

the military has a standard to uphold and they should follow the fucking laws and rules of humanity. who is to say that they wont resort to gang tendencies when shit gets tough.

then again, if they are gangbangers, that is less gun training the u.s. will need to do.

I'm not going to get into a debate with you about gangbanging. I have never been in a gang, nor do i have gang ties. My opinion is firm, VERY firm that no matter what your background is, you should be professional.

If you are in the military, you are upheld to a higher standard. you should stop the "G signs", gangbanging, color wars and grafitti. I will not say gangbangers are better or worse because I don't know. But I will say that when they put on that uniform, they have stricter laws and they are representatives of a whole country. they aren't bloods or crips anymore. they are soldiers and should behave like it.

Re-read the first sentence of my last post.

My father joined the Air Force at 19 years old and retired at 45 as a Chief Master Sergeant (the highest rank an enlisted person can achieve). My mother was a nurse in the Air Force for 14 years. I was born on an Air Force Base and lived there until I was 11. Don't even begin to tell me what a military professional should act like.

What about the guys with no gang ties who stand around inside of a GameStop bragging about how cool it was "when that guy's chest exploded right in front of me" or walking around the mall in their fatigues and flack jacket? Open your eyes, man. Step out of your small bubble. If you think I'm arguing in favor of unprofessional soldiers, you aren't even close to understanding my point. In order to effectively change something, you have to actually understand it. That is the reason why I talk about these things. To spread understanding, not to argue for unequivocal acceptance.

I laugh at your "knowledge" of strict laws. Do you know that the parent gangs of Surenos and Nortenos, The Mexican Mafia or La Eme and La Nuestro Familia or La Ene, respectively, have a kill on site relationship? Fail to live up to that and you die by the hands of your own "family". Try to leave and you die. As the quote goes, it don't stop 'till the casket drop and it ain't dropped yet so [they] ain't stopped yet. Once this in indoctrinated and reinforced for many years, it never disappears. It will always be a part of that person, even after they have the realization that the lifestyle is worthless and make the necessary changes to get away.
Blanco, we are arguing the same point. I was prior service in the air force also. My only point is that even if you are in a gang, you should stop flashing your signs and stop tagging the country you are trying to defend.

a douche bag is a douche bag. i hate military guys who are fucking clowns. i hate gang bangers who are clowns just the same. but there are also good people who are in the military and i'm sure there are good people in gangs.

but enough is enough. men SHOULD be held to a higher standard and should be more professional and mature than people who are not in the service. but it doesn't happen that way.

Back