? on stock hatches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hcivic.com

ok i need to know what year and modle of hatch if any came stock with glass that opens not a metal frame but just the glass?
have a guy that wants a conversion done but it will save me assloads of time if i can get some of the parts of a stoker and not have to fab them up

im not sure what ya mean,

92-95 civic hatch has a tailgate and the glass hatch that open in opposite directions. No frame on the glass.

What is this for, if ya don't miund me asking?

ya thats what i meant
i was shaving some molding for a guy lastnight and he asked for a hatch swap tp be done. he car came with a large heavy hatch and wants just the glass to move

You said his car came with a large heavy hatch...MMR makes fiberglass hatches.

Also, if he wants just the glass to move, you could buy a fiberglass hatch (lighter) and put hinges on the glass, so just the glass would open.

Asshole.

um ya but its not a civic and you cna just had hinges on the glass it needs to be retreared and drilled

i think the only way you're gonna be able to do it and have it fit properly, well without a bunch of unnecassary work is to just cut the hatch in halfand work from there. I know that's what you were trying to get around but it's going to be easier that way.

ok then, take an EF civic hatch cut it in half and make it fit. I think the EG civic one will be too narrow and look real stupid.

I'm trying to think of what other car has a hatch like that but only can think of the civic.

I thiknk some Blazers have them like that, 93 or something. It's just a peice of glass held on by a couple hinges. real flat no curve too it.

ya the ef has a metal frame on the glass the blazer glass it way to big

check out some isuzu rodeo's, CRV's.....................thinking.............i cant think of any more right now, ill edit later if i think of any.

Back