on the hunt for a winter beater

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
i really wanted to get a truck as it will be useful for dump runs and stuff for the house, but my search has yielded nothing but garbage, or over-priced garbage.... and i'm starting to run out of time.

so, i'm on the hunt for something... pretty much anything...
if its a car, it must be a manual. truck i don't really care.
if it's a car, the bigger the cargo area, the better.
fwd or awd/4wd. not looking for rwd.
if it comes with snow tires, even better.

i don't want to dump any money into it if at all possible, and i don't want someones left over project. a nice stock high mileage car or truck is ideally what i'm after.

i don't want to spend more than 1500 bucks, ideally.

i don't really have time to go out of state, so it must be in CT, or you must be willing to drive it here and have the possibility of me not wanting it (hey, describe it honestly and that won't happen!) after i see it in person.

i've been browsing ebay, craigslist, bargain news and autotrader pretty much daily for the past month, and i've got nothing.... so if its on there, i've probably already seen it.

if you have or know anyone selling something reliable, cheap, spacious, and cheap, and cheap, and cheap, let me know.

I got mine FWD, $1200...at the time it had 140K....now I'm hitting 200Ks...and the only major maint done to the car was a steering rack..and I DD the car 80-100 miles a day. Plus I've hauled everything from a clothes dryer to paving stones...and 2x4x8's fits nice inside when the back seat is folded down. After tossing some new normal tires on...snow wasn't a problem with the FWD.

Back