On the prowl. Repsol CBR 1000rr.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
repsol-cbr-1000-rr.jpg

It makes me swoon. My new fetish. My new must-have. I've always loved it, but recently I've been re-bitten by the motorcycle bug, and this is my new target. I'm going to have to actually go sit on a cbr 1000rr and make sure it fits me, etc.. I haven't sat on anything past 2004. the 2007 repsol is my target bike. No aftermarket crap, no extras, (except for deleting the crappy ass rear fender, of course). I'm also going to put sliders on it as extra insurance.

My only concern is being 6'4". Its going to break my heart if I get on it and it doesn't fit me. 32.3" seat height with a 36" inseam.. Its close.

Well shit, its going to be a heck of a prowl. No dealer within 100 miles of me can find one. I found a couple on ebay, but they are "stunna" bikes that have all kinds of aftermarket crap on em. One decent, clean 2000 mile bike, with a salvage title...

fucking sigh. The hunt is on.

gonna cost you....

your size will not be an issue I know a lot of taller people who ride.
it might feel small but its fine, hell I'm 5'10 and my 1000 feels small, (smaller then my CBR600)

everytime i check ebay i see the repsol cbr 1000's - that will be your best place to look.
the hardest part of ebay though is how far your willing to go to get this bike....
which, by the way, is one sweet ass bike. (though i like the 600's better)

I feel your pain man. 6'0" and 250lbs. It's hard to find a bike that feels comfortable to sit on, and sometimes the feel changes when you ride it.

Does the Honda dealer closest to you offer the service of finding bikes and bringing them into their shop for sales? The one that was down the road from me used to do that, and they only added about $300 to the price tag for that service. Every place may be different though...

Good luck and keep us posted...

Not that I've found. "Do you have one" "no." Can you get one? "no, you're going to have a hard time finding that bike." "Soooo, no chance, eh?" "no."

I repeated that conversation about 8 times today.

Further research reveals that there are only 700 of the fucking things on planet earth.

Why don't you just buy a downed CBR1000 that has plastic damage and buy new plastics for it, they all come pre painted and stickered.

This would be your bet choice since you wouldn't have to deal with the mark ups on a "rare" bike.

www.ronayers.com go there look up OEM parts,

guessing it will run you around 1000-1200 for all the plastics.

You can also buy after market plastics for around 600 or so. But you might need to some trim work.

I actually like that plan.. Except for the crashed part. I can get my hands on non repsol 1000rr's all day long. If I can find one cheap enough, I can buy the repsol plastics, ebay the stock plastics, and make most of my cash back.

Hrmmm.

I actually like that plan.. Except for the crashed part. I can get my hands on non repsol 1000rr's all day long. If I can find one cheap enough, I can buy the repsol plastics, ebay the stock plastics, and make most of my cash back.

Hrmmm.

Nothing wrong with crashed, keep in mind a lot of bikes crash at low speeds causing plastic damange, broken mirrors, brake/clutch levers amd maybe foot peg.

pretty basic stuff.

I wouldn't buy a totaled bike, or a bike that needed work that you couldn't do yourself.

Yeah.. Thing is, I owned a 1986? I think? Yamaha 650 special.. It was a piece of shit bike that I picked up for $200. I rode if for a while, and one day while cruising 40mph down a dirt road, the front brake locked up solid. I went into a skid, to a skidding stoppie, by some miracle rode it out to the point that when the bike did finally go end over end, I went over the handle bars, landed on my feet, and came to a running stop. The bike came up behind me and knocked me down, but I came out of it with minor bruises.

Long story short, it made me realize that there is no point in trusting your life to someone else's bike. If you don't know the history of it, you don't want to find out it has front brake issues while cruising 70 on the interstate in mid day traffic. Noone who is selling a bike is going to tell you that kind of info. I am a firm believer in picking things up at a hefty discount, so I am shopping for an '07 on the verge of the relesase of the '09 bikes. Dealers will be looking to kick them out the door at cost. Or so I hope.

Its a safety thing more than anything.

Yeah.. Thing is, I owned a 1986? I think? Yamaha 650 special.. It was a piece of shit bike that I picked up for $200. I rode if for a while, and one day while cruising 40mph down a dirt road, the front brake locked up solid. I went into a skid, to a skidding stoppie, by some miracle rode it out to the point that when the bike did finally go end over end, I went over the handle bars, landed on my feet, and came to a running stop. The bike came up behind me and knocked me down, but I came out of it with minor bruises.

Long story short, it made me realize that there is no point in trusting your life to someone else's bike. If you don't know the history of it, you don't want to find out it has front brake issues while cruising 70 on the interstate in mid day traffic. Noone who is selling a bike is going to tell you that kind of info. I am a firm believer in picking things up at a hefty discount, so I am shopping for an '07 on the verge of the relesase of the '09 bikes. Dealers will be looking to kick them out the door at cost. Or so I hope.

Its a safety thing more than anything.

There's a very big difference in a very old locked up brake, and a laid down bike with brakes that are 2 years old.

apples and oranges man.

Yup! Sitting, strapped in place inside a steel cage that is made to protect you is far different than sitting atop a bike. You get no "crunch zones" or "impact absorption". The only protection you get is an inch of styrofoam coated in fiberglass and some leather. Which is great for sliding down the pavement, but if you impact something, you are going to get messed up.

Just wondering, what size are the 1000's usually based on? 5'10 guys or something?

Yeah i'm 6'4 260lbs, thats why i've never even tried looking at a bike, my legs are what make me so tall and they cramp up if I hold them in the position you have to on a crotch rocket for even a short period of time.

If you're a big guy who wants a big bike, get the Concours 1400. It scoots and it's oh-so-easy to ride.

Again I have many friends who are bigger that ride supersport bikes. Concours 1400 is a great bike, but that's like telling someone who wants to buy a corvette to get a impala.
You'll fit fine, you might think you're too big but you'll be fine.

If I was to sit on most 600cc bikes, especially ones that are a few years old, I look like a monkey fucking a football...

Back